• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wizard's Foot Spike

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
How many people use the wizard's foot as a spike for edgeguarding? If short hopped or full hopped it works really well as a spike because it spikes down and away at the angle of the foot's dive, but i've never seen anyone else use it. Does anyone else use this, or is it just me?

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I only use it against Jiggs that over extend themselves (few things match the irony of spiking a WOPing Jiggs, and getting the KO at like 30%).

Otherwise, it's a risky way to edge-gaurd. I'd argue the riskiest way - since if you miss for whatever reason it's a free edge-guard for your opponents.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
i suppose that's true, but i don't find it that hard to get off and it almost guarantees a kill so its always worked for me. though i can see how it is risky, if you don't time it right you can get countered pretty easily.

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
I mean ill use it here or there but honestly i use it more as a joke or to taunt someone then a acutal ledgeguard i feel much safer with the traditional ones.

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
for me, downB is completely situational or when im just having fun. it's only worked for me twice cuz i have trouble aiming it (i never practice, only play). in my opinion, the Uair edgeguard and the Dair spike are much more reliable. you can use Dtilt for a fox/falco thats trying to fowardB u while recovering. if u wanna spike a fox/falco (like i always try to ;-) ) then u need to be above the fox/falco or ull get spiked urself. that's gotten me killed so many times

TimmWith2Ms

Smash Rookie
I find the stomp or reverse uair to be fine. I did find though that if you time it right and hit the very edge with a sh downb on a sideb recovering fox/falco it'll hit them but you'll still be on the stage. Pulled it off once and only once but it's fun to mess around with wizard's foot if you want to be flashy.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
for the most part i agree, its pretty risky, but with practice you can "sweetspot" the ledge and land with your foot still on the stage, yet still spike. it can be great against marths trying to sweetspot or other characters with similar recovery like mario and doc. but yeah i don't see it being a consistent guard, it is more situational.

But **** fun to pull off.

Top Bottom