• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With Friends Online Question

CrownTitle

Smash Rookie
I have some questions I was hoping someone could answer for me.

My friend and I have been playing Smash Bros locally together since the N64 days, but he is about to move to another city. We want to continue playing together via "With Friends" online.

We spent months unlocking every custom move for each character and then figuring our favourite variations for each of them to play with. Now he is going to have to buy his own Wii U and copy of the game.

- If I am hosting "With Friends" and he joins in, does he have access to the custom characters on my system?
- Or if he wishes to play with them will he have to unlock them all again on his own system?
- If that's the case, then is there a way to copy my game file over on to his system so that he doesn't have to unlock everything on his own?

Finally, what is the lag like when playing with another person in "With Friends?" Does it change if we have CPUs playing as well. Is it better than playing a random person in For Glory? We're both considering getting the Wii U LAN attachment as well to plug in directly if that makes a big difference.

Thanks for your help!

Sir. Oosh

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1993-8349-0853
I don't have a Wii U so I can't answer your first 3 questions but I can answer your last one. In my experience, the lag on "with friends" is much less. However, I've only battled 3 people in that mode so I may not be the best example. As for the CPUs, I've never had CPU's in an online match but my guess is that it won't effect it since CPUs only have to do with the processing of the game rather than the connection of the game to a network. Another reason why I think CPUs won't make a difference to the lag is because when I play on For Glory and the other person quits and is replaced by a CPU, there is absolutely no lag. Of course, I'm just speculating and could be wrong.

Last edited:
Top Bottom