• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With Anyone: Why can't the "Seeker" seek anyone?

Nineteen_G

Smash Rookie
I obtained the game a little after the launch date. I've had Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection way before that. I can connect at least. When I go to With Anyone, I pick a fighter, a stage, and start beating the crap out of the sandbag. That's it. It says "Seeking", however, no one shows, even after 10-15 minutes. The heck's up with that? I know good well that someone, somewhere on this planet is playing online, but it's not trying to find any opponents. Help please?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
If possible, could you put up a video?
If you have connection enough to get online in the first place, you should be able to find a match. It sounds like when you host a room, only no one is joining.

Nineteen_G

Smash Rookie
If possible, could you put up a video?
If you have connection enough to get online in the first place, you should be able to find a match. It sounds like when you host a room, only no one is joining.
No, I can't put up a video. When you "host a room", isn't that when you're doing "With Friends"? I just go to With Anyone, pick a fighter and stage, and the opponent seeker continues to fail seeking opponents.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hmmm...I've not yet heard of something like this. This may be a router issue. Let me bring up some info real quick and I'll edit....

Okay, here is my best advice, despite my relative inexperience in this area of computers. I have a cable connection, so my connection is usually lag free, however I just purchased an XBOX 360, and have had trouble finding players for matches because my NAT type was moderate, as opposed to open. If I understand correctly, and mark my words again, I'm outside of my comfort zone on this, I believe the NAT type limits the ways your wireless connection interacts with other parties. It's a shot in the dark, but if you can affirm that your NAT type is open, it may facilitate the finding of matches.

I think you should take your question to someone with more experience with computer networking and routers. Hope I helped a little :(

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
well this happen to me too... I "solved" the problem for me... I suggest you the follow:

start seeking players as usual... put your TV remote close to you...
then press the TV/Video button... and wach TV... for everal minutes, ocasionale press the TV/Video button again to check if you didnt disconect... and then continue watching TV... and when you hear your wii making "reading he dual disck" noises... is that you have found an opponent... this may tkae like half an hour before find an opponent and is very likely to be a very laggy figth...
and other thing... just keep trying! no matter wath all the day several times... just keep the hope!

Top Bottom