• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

With Anyone (non-existent)

Two_D

Smash Rookie
my with anyone feature online doesnt work meanin that is i went to it i would be hitting a sandbag for 13 minutes until the online disconnects me from wifi.
does anyone have this problem?
can it be fixed?

GraveNeedle

Smash Cadet
New York. I really need to train. ;_; AIM: Toonika
Don't get too excited. Even if you did find a match, there's high odds you'd just get disconnected during it anyway. <_<

At any rate, there's a few things you can try.

1) Do you use a Wireless connection? If so, how close is the router to the Wii? If we're talking other side of the house, that could be a pretty good problem right there. If moving the two closer isn't an option, follow this video. It'll help alot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUTT8wdN_VA

2) Sometimes there's just aLOT'a people online at once. When this happens, it becomes very rare that you'll ever find anybody. Use your better judgment to figure out what time would be the least active.

3) Finally, have you fought a friend before? If not, try that, and see if it lags. If it lags, then refer to step 1. If it doesn't lag, refer to step 2. If it lags, and you have a wired connection...ask somebody else, because I have no idea how that works.

Two_D

Smash Rookie
not counting lag i don lag in friend matches unless theres more than 1 person there.

GraveNeedle

Smash Cadet
New York. I really need to train. ;_; AIM: Toonika
not counting lag i don lag in friend matches unless theres more than 1 person there.
Hm...almost seems to me that you got a firewall blocking you from connecting with others, then. That part I can't really help you on, since (thankfully), I didn't have to go through it. But there are plenty of topics scattered around the entire board about it, and you also can't forget support.nintendo.com. They offer great, albeit hard to understand, advice on how to take just enough of the firewall down to play With Anyone.

nicksaninja

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem. I don't get disconnected from wifi after a while, and all my other wifi games work, so it isn't my wifi. Every now and then I'll turn it on and start searching and just let it sit there searching. I've never found anyone to play and I've let it sit for at least 30 mins each time. Anyone know why?

Top Bottom