• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Wireframes Fight Back! (EDIT: Better Recovery!)

nickisneato

Smash Rookie
As if Cruel Melee wasn't hard enough...

The Fighting Wireframes are good now!

The Male Fighting Wireframe now has moves matching Captain Falcon, and the Female Fighting Wireframe has moves matching Zelda.

Version 1.01:
  • Added an alternate version of the Wireframes, where they have their default gravity, better equipping them for recovery.
  • that's pretty much it.
Version 1.0:
  • Attributes now match Captain Falcon
  • Jab, tilts, smashes, aerials hitboxes all match Falcon
  • Smashes can now be charged (BOTH Boy and Girl) (New charging animation for all smashes)
  • All smashes, F-Air sweetspot, and D-Air have an electric effect
  • All throws have an electric effect (BOTH Boy and Girl)
  • Custom blue and green costumes (L and R alts for 20XX Hack Pack)

• Attributes now match Zelda
  • Jab, tilts, smashes, aerials hitboxes all match Zelda
  • All smashes, F-Air, B-Air, N-Air, D-Air plus all originally electric on Zelda have an electric effect
  • Custom pink and turquoise costumes (L and R alts)
What still needs to be done?
  • Most graphical effects (Girl's U-Air is done)
  • Fix 20XX Costume transparency: I don't know how to do this yet, but I'll try to experiment. If anyone already knows, please share!
  • Specials: I don't know if they can be done, but if they can, please tell me or feel free to do it yourself! Any help on this project is appreciated, since I'm only just getting into Melee Modding.
  • Some sort of recovery option if Specials can't be done Done!
  • Wall jumping for the Male Wireframe
  • Victory Poses? I don't know if it can be done but it would be great because then they could be used and played as in Vanilla Melee, instead of just 20XX.
  • Anything else I can't think of right now

DL Link: 'Viable' Fighting Wireframes

Again, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! I just thought this would be pretty cool, so I whipped it up in Crazy Hand and used DAT Texture Wizard and Photoshop for the costumes.
The only experience I have with hex editors is putting custom music into 20XX... :laugh:

Have fun with this mod!

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
This is a really cool mod, lol. I've used Fighting Wireframes in 20XX in the past and they were fun, despite having no specials, so this should make them more fun!

I think they should have the same gravity as before? At least that's what made them recover better.

Last edited:

nickisneato

Smash Rookie
Thanks! I was thinking of making them have their normal gravity, but I felt like that would make them feel less like Captain Falcon and Zelda and normal characters in general. My primary goal for this is to make the wireframes fit into the Melee cast, while taking inspiration from the characters they were based off of.

Maybe I'll make another version with Wireframe gravity and release it along with the first version whenever I have the time. At least until I can figure out how to (or if I can) give them specials.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Thanks! I was thinking of making them have their normal gravity, but I felt like that would make them feel less like Captain Falcon and Zelda and normal characters in general. My primary goal for this is to make the wireframes fit into the Melee cast, while taking inspiration from the characters they were based off of.

Maybe I'll make another version with Wireframe gravity and release it along with the first version whenever I have the time. At least until I can figure out how to (or if I can) give them specials.
That'd be neat. I look forward to it.

nickisneato

Smash Rookie
That'd be neat. I look forward to it.
There they are! I took some "creative liberties" with the Female Wireframe because I found out her gravity is the same as Zelda's, and I thought that was kinda silly, so I changed the gravity to 0.6.

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
There they are! I took some "creative liberties" with the Female Wireframe because I found out her gravity is the same as Zelda's, and I thought that was kinda silly, so I changed the gravity to 0.6.
Nice to see some progress.

Top Bottom