• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WIP] Vionic's Ultimate Smash Guide

Vionic

Smash Rookie
First off, forgive me if this is not the right board to post this on, I couldn't find one suitable for this topic besides the dev studio. If anyone can move it to the proper one that would be fine.

A few months ago I began a huge project that I knew could not be done alone. I never looked for any help and eventually stopped working on it for a while until recently. I decided this would be the best place to look for people to help me work on this.

The goal:
To create the "Ultimate Smash Guide" covering all Smash games (including project M) as in depth as possible. I hope to get this project done with the help of many people contributing to it as possible.

At the moment my focus has been on Melee, and the whole thing is really a mess so far. Everything that is in the document at the time of posting this was done on my own based on other information previously discovered by other people or my own observations. All proper crediting will be given at the end of it.

As of now the 10 pages consist of various smash terms, an explanation of the project (that i will likely edit out later) and a bunch of pictures that are poorly positioned. Later these will be edited properly to not look like garbage but right now its mostly thoughts or ideas of what I really want to be done in the end.
Here is a link to what the project is right now: Google Doc

(The link above allows you guys to comment in case you see anything that you think is incorrect or needs specification off the bat.)

I will be covering each of the games separately, and in the end I hope to have a neat layout and have it all organized instead of what it is right now (a bunch of terribly positioned pictures and quickly made diagrams for the sake of trying to rush.)

Now why I need you!

Now to get to the main point of why I posted this here instead of just trying to get a message out: I NEED your guys' help! There is no way I can do this kind of project all by myself!
If you think you can/ are willing to provide information or write sections of your own in order to contribute to the project please send me an email at
vi0l3tlink@Gmail.com From there I will likely ask you what kind of things you would like to contribute toward and then make any changes I might see necessary and hopefully have a good addition in the end.
Remember: If you do contribute in a useful manner then your name WILL be mentioned and be given proper credit for what you have done. For example, someone who writes a few pages explaining multishining and the uses/situations in Melee, will get their name in the back of the document (or wherever I decide to put it). Someone who adds a comment or messages me saying I got some frame-data wrong or something will also be mentioned, but someone who says "this is wrong" or "this is stupid" will not be credited.

Not sure what else to say besides thank you for reading and I hope to get some good contributors over time! Thanks guys.

Top Bottom