• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wing Dash/cancel, a differnt way?

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
While trying to do WoI fairs I came across something I think is pretty useful.

Now I dont know if this is already known or something but to me it seems a lot easier to pull off then the other wing dash(SH WoI Dair) and has pretty much the same effect of moving real quick and landing with zero lag able to go into any attack.

So basically

SH
WoI(immediatly)
Forward on joy stick roll it to up
A(cancels, lands you)

In other words while your WoI...ing roll the joystick from 3 o clock to 12 o clock and hit (A) on 12.

If done correctly pit will be standing straight up upon landing and there should be no landing lag. You know your doing it wrong if he hunches over when you land. There is lag in that.

Im sorry I have no video but really this isn't hard to pull off, well anyways I find it easier than the original method and it seems easily just as useful if not more.

---
Thoughts/comments?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
basically he's canceling it with an upair which works. From my experience nair works also but tends to be impractical for some reason fair and bair attacks don't cancel right instead you'll try to do your bair or fair and land in attack lag.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
ya^

To me this just seems easier and more practical then the other wing dash method and plus it goes forward instead of backwards...

so... bumpzors?

Top Bottom