• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Windows not Genuine?

rhan

Smash Hero
So about 3 days ago I had this problem. Basically they're saying that my computer has basically counterfited software installed. But I have had this computer for..... I wanna say 4-5 years now. It has never had this probem before. I asked my computer adminatrator at school and a few other teachers that work with computers. They haven't really heard of that problem before but they all suspect a computer hacker has possibly broken into my computer and stole my software key (Or something like that). I can still retrieve my files and such but everything on my desktop has vanished but the recycle bin.

What are you diagnosis on the situation? And what can I possibly do to fix it?

(I have dial up so if there's anything that deals with the internet it's possibly gonna fail.)

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
My friend recently had the SAME problem then his computer just stopped working after awhile...
But as for a fix.
Clean install of windows. (I'm assuming you have XP)

rhan

Smash Hero
I see. So how am I able to clean install a new software? And how much is the cheapest external hardrive? (I would check for myself but I'm using Wii internet at the moment)

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
♥ Ubuntu :]

But anyways, A clean install basically means reformat and basically start anew.
So just get a cheap hard drive that will hold all of your files, back everything up onto it then reformat and install.

Top Bottom