• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Windows) Explorer crashes whenever I attempt to install fonts

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Every time I drag/paste/font wizard/ANYTHING in the windows/fonts folder, explorer crashes and when it starts back up, no fonts in the folder. I'm a sig maker, so this is pretty important :(

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
hmm have you tried copying the fonts with the command line? Or you can always try an alternative file manager (I've used ExplorerXP, and there are many others that i've heard are good also)

Even though this doesn't fix your Windows Explorer problem, hope this helps! :)

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
hmm have you tried copying the fonts with the command line? Or you can always try an alternative file manager (I've used ExplorerXP, and there are many others that i've heard are good also)

Even though this doesn't fix your Windows Explorer problem, hope this helps! :)
How do you copy files with explorer?

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
hm, what do you mean by how to copy files in explorer?
If you want to use the command line, go to Start->run and then type cmd. Then when the command line shows up type copy filename yourwindowsfontfolder\filename

or you can try ExplorerXP - http://www.explorerxp.com/

Tell me how it goes!

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
hm, what do you mean by how to copy files in explorer?
If you want to use the command line, go to Start->run and then type cmd. Then when the command line shows up type copy filename yourwindowsfontfolder\filename

or you can try ExplorerXP - http://www.explorerxp.com/

Tell me how it goes!
err, I meant command line.

Anyway, I tried downloading ExplorerXP and... it didn't freeze, but the font doesn't show up in any fonts lists :(

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
did it work in the command line?
If the font files are inside the correct folder (I'm assuming you copied them to C:\windows\fonts?), they should work. You could always try rebooting if you haven't done so.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
did it work in the command line?
If the font files are inside the correct folder (I'm assuming you copied them to C:\windows\fonts?), they should work. You could always try rebooting if you haven't done so.
I didn't try. It put them in the folder, so I don't see what else putting it in with Command Prompt would do.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
So if the fonts are in the font folder...which part isn't working for you? Are the fonts still unrecognized?

Top Bottom