• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will there be any multi-moveset newcomers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking back on Smash Brawl, there were 35 icons on the menu but 39 unique characters overall even if stamina screwed over PKMN TRNR and you had to hold buttons to get Zamus from the start. But it got me to thinking, will there be any more multi form characters? I can't image there would be unless they can put a unique spin on it. Zelda/Sheik is the standard one that started it, Samus's one is tied to her Final Smash and Pokemon trainer has 3 of them and no one of them is the "true" one.

Unless it makes for a really interesting character I don't see the point. Why go through all that effort when you could use the time to make 2 characters.

I guess what I'm saying is, can you think of any way an interesting multi-moveset character could be made? One I heard is a Fire Emblem character that changes weapons so that way the only have to model once.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Prince Sable:

Frog is speedy and jump height, Snake is powerful but slow, and Sable in his normal form is a balance between them. This could be used for strategy, as he relies on these forms in the actual game.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Mewtwo could become one with his new forms.

Bowser Jr is also sometimes suggested with Shadow Mario.

Little Birdie → Mystery Creature → Ridley ( I hope he don't).

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I think they will avoid adding any more characters like that unless it is part of their actual character. It really does nothing for the game except make it harder to balance.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think they will avoid adding any more characters like that unless it is part of their actual character. It really does nothing for the game except make it harder to balance.

True, look how far apart Zelda and Sheik are in the tier lists.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think namco is there partially to help balance the game. I don't think Sakurai much cares for tiers list; he is probably hoping for a more generally balanced roster. I think we will see a stance character as opposed to a transformation character this time around.

A few that come to mind are Ghirahim, Chrom, and Mewtwo.

Ghirahim can both use his sword and put it away (using his hands and feet to fight). Chrom is able to use various other weapons from Fire Emblem (such as Tomes, Lances, and a Bow). Mewtwo of course has its two Mega Evolutions.

I am sure there are others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom