• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will there be a second coming of Roy?

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
I am the only Roy player in my area, I want to be the best at my character. I know my statement is vague but I would like people to discuss this. Should we wait for a good Roy player to come from the dust?

Masteroki

Smash Cadet
Play who you enjoy playing, Roy is definitely my favorite character for friendlies but I can't win at a high level with him. I'm sure its possible for a new Roy player to arise from the ashes (see what I did there?). With hard work and dedication, you might just be the next Sethlon.

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Play who you enjoy playing, Roy is definitely my favorite character for friendlies but I can't win at a high level with him. I'm sure its possible for a new Roy player to arise from the ashes (see what I did there?). With hard work and dedication, you might just be the next Sethlon.
I hope so! I want to bring him to the top like Sethlon c:

Masteroki

Smash Cadet
Top players can do well at tournaments with mid/low tier characters, to me that means that it's not all about character selection. I mean of course a Fox has the accessibility that a Yoshi doesn't but that shouldn't be a reason why someone beats you. 9/10 its because they outplayed you. I was ranked #2 in my school for a while being a Roy main and everyone got inspired to pick up characters regardless of what the tier lists says. I'm positive with hard work, you can kick some butt!

SSBM_Lan

Smash Cadet
It will be extremely difficult and take a very long time. If you're willing to put in the tears, sweat, and blood, I'm sure it'll pay off.

Last edited:

BloodL10N

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BloodL10N
Anything is possible, I believe in him, but I also realize that I have to have other characters that I might need to use.

In all honesty play with him, get the weights of the characters down with lots of practice and go for it, I'm having a super hard time with :jigglypuffmelee: but you'll most likely find your own hard MU's. Good luck and trust in your counter when a Fox catches on fire.

Top Bottom