• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the trailer dialogue be used for Bayonetta's Palutena's Guidance?

Lukey140701

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lukey140701
3DS FC
5129-3150-8496
Palutena gives a full explanation on Bayonetta in the trailer, so could we see the first DLC Palutena's Guidance?

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it. No other DLC character receives it, and there doesn't seem to be a reason why they would only add one, unless they were going to add the rest. Palutena's commentary just seemed to be for the narrative of the video, don't get your hopes up for an extra Easter Egg if they didn't implement it before

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It would be cool if they did add that in the game(make her feel more special than she already is)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We'll probably just get the old intruder from another dimension statement, unless Bayonetta is too special to not receive her own guidance information.

Weedy Spyze

Smash Apprentice
Well, they went through the trouble of getting the Pit/Dark Pit/Palutena voice actors to give narration of the reveal trailer. Perhaps they also recorded guidances for all the DLC characters while they were at it?

Not that it matters much to me personally. I always thought the guidances were a letdown from Snake's codecs to be honest.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, they went through the trouble of getting the Pit/Dark Pit/Palutena voice actors to give narration of the reveal trailer. Perhaps they also recorded guidances for all the DLC characters while they were at it?

Not that it matters much to me personally. I always thought the guidances were a letdown from Snake's codecs to be honest.
If this were to be true, than having no Pit/Viridi together would be sad(easily the best girl in Kid Icarus)

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
To quote Kamiya (and also Bayonetta), "ask your mother".

I took the advice to heart, and asked your mother for you. She told me:

"If Bayonetta is truly the final DLC character, and they bothered to call back Pit and Palutena's voice actors, I could see them actually having them record new Guidance lines for all of the DLC characters. It's a possibility, but don't get your hopes up."

Your mom's a smart lady. Hug her and call often.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To quote Kamiya (and also Bayonetta), "ask your mother".

I took the advice to heart, and asked your mother for you. She told me:

"If Bayonetta is truly the final DLC character, and they bothered to call back Pit and Palutena's voice actors, I could see them actually having them record new Guidance lines for all of the DLC characters. It's a possibility, but don't get your hopes up."

Your mom's a smart lady. Hug her and call often.
Plus, the more Pit the better

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We'll probably just get the old intruder from another dimension statement, unless Bayonetta is too special to not receive her own guidance information.
I could see them maybe going the extra mile for her since she's the ballot winner.

On the other hand I feel like if they were going to the extra trouble of bringing the voice actors back they would add ones for the other six dlc characters too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I could see them maybe going the extra mile for her since she's the ballot winner.

On the other hand I feel like if they were going to the extra trouble of bringing the voice actors back they would add ones for the other six dlc characters too.
Pus the fact that it's Pit and Palutena(the new golden child and waifu of Sakurai's), he'll pamper them as much as he needs them to be...his son is on the last 2 character posters and the last trailer after all.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Hope so. That would be so nice. I even believe what Bayonetta says at the end of her trailer could be used if she beats Palutena in a battle

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hope so. That would be so nice. I even believe what Bayonetta says at the end of her trailer could be used if she beats Palutena in a battle
Then Pit is all like "It's me you're dealing with, and I'm gonna mess with any witch I want!"...nothing else probably if the other dlc characters don't get one(if Bayo even gets one for starters)

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i feel like Bayonetta may get a Palutena's guidance, maybe not the same voice clips as in the trailer, but the fact that Palutena does in fact know what am Umbra Witch is and what she can do kind of invalidates the standard DLC Guidance ("I have no data on this fighter, I can't believe it!")

I may be reading too deeply into it. but I feel like the possibility is definitely there at this point.

Last edited:

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah! Remember Lucina has specific lines when defeating Ike and Marth One was like "And this is the hero-king?", somewhere along the lines of that. It will be a specific line during her victory poses.

Back on topic, I also believe that if Bayonetta would be given a Guidance especially she's the ballot winner, other DLC characters might have recorded one as well.

Edit: Lucina didn't had one for Robin. Robin HAS the specific line for Lucina.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Talk about a missed opportunity.
To see Pit asking Palutena who Bayonetta is is kinda baffling.
And Palutena says she have no idea who she is.

C3CC

Smash Lord
So they actually went as far as to hire the voice actors again and they missed the opportunity to record a guidance for the DLC characters? Talk about stupid, lazy and cheap.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So they actually went as far as to hire the voice actors again and they missed the opportunity to record a guidance for the DLC characters? Talk about stupid, lazy and cheap.
Depends on how available the actors were. We also don't know if Hyden Walch or if any of their Japanese counterparts were available.

Top Bottom