• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the Mii Fighters return for Smash 5?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Well, what do you think? They don't appear to have as much relevance and popularity as back then (Especially on 3DS), and there is a slight chance that Nintendo's next consoles may not even have them at all! Will they still deserve a slot by next gen? :/

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
As long as the Miis stick around for Nintendo's next console then I see them staying.

Miis fill a role that no other character does: imitating someone who possibly has no relation to Nintendo or Super Smash Brothers and put them in the game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nah I don't really see Nintendo dropping the Mii's anytime soon. Especially since they where an idea Miyamoto had since the NES days (of course they weren't called Mii's back then) and they have been pretty successful too so I can see them sticking around on the next Nintendo consoles (or perhaps maybe get a few changes here and there) and thus also in Smash.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
As long as the Miis stick around for Nintendo's next console then I see them staying.

Miis fill a role that no other character does: imitating someone who possibly has no relation to Nintendo or Super Smash Brothers and put them in the game.
All while still being a Nintendo character. ;)

Plus, they've become Smash's create-a-character mode, a common-ish feature in fighting games.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
All while still being a Nintendo character. ;)

Plus, they've become Smash's create-a-character mode, a common-ish feature in fighting games.
Technically, yes the Miis are Nintendo characters, but they are more of a faceless persona that can be made to fit the role of whom they are trying to imitate.

I don't seem them leaving Super Smash Brothers, unless Nintendo decides to drop them in their next consoles.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
I remember hearing someone say Sakurai said there's a 47% chance this will be the last Smash, but that someone is a Miiverse user...who heard it from another Miiverse user. :T
Actually now that i think about it im almost positive there will be another one.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I think it's a bit early to be talking about Smash 5 right now

mark welford

Smash Ace
miis are our digital selves so yes there will be miis in the next smash miis are basically Nintendo characters without being Nintendo characters

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't see Miis being dropped, even though for some odd reason they (annoyingly, to me) seem to be the most generally hated characters in the game right now.
But putting them in's something Sakurai's wanted to do for a long time, and now that they have an actively-selling franchise of their own as Miis instead of just avatars in Tomodachi Life, that only reinforces it.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think as long as Nintendo is making games. Smash Bros. will continue to have games with or without Sakurai directing them (They'll either find someone else themselves to direct the games, or at least have Sakurai choose someone he trusts when he officially retires. Because if he's done making Smash Bros., it's likely because he's ready to hang up his boots)

As for the Mii Fighters, it all depends if Miis are going to be used past the Wii U & 3DS generation. Which I think is likely at this point. I don't see Nintendo shutting down all the Mii related games just based on the success that they've brough, and especially since the Miis are responsible for bringing a new demographic that Nintendo really wants to keep loyal to their products. And as long as Miis are popular amongst this crowd as well as used by Nintendo. Then Mii Fighters are likely going to remain as characters for as long as new Smash games are being made. They are Nintendo's property. So they perfectly fit anyway.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, what do you think? They don't appear to have as much relevance and popularity as back then (Especially on 3DS), and there is a slight chance that Nintendo's next consoles may not even have them at all! Will they still deserve a slot by next gen? :/

Not as relevant as back then on the 3DS...

The game hasn't even come out yet and yet you're already saying "back then"

And no, I'm positive they'll stick around.

Top Bottom