• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the Dell XPS Laptop allows me to stream Smash 4 with high quality?

Lunanix

Smash Cadet
NNID
lunanix
So I'm a TO who runs a monthly tournament in the Essex region of the UK and have managed to get a stream running for the tournament without many problems. My only issue is that the computer is my own desktop which is a real nightmare to lug around along with all the streaming kit and wii u's etc.

I was thinking of getting a laptop to help with this as it means I only need to bring 1 piece of equipment instead of the 5 or so bits you need for a full desktop. My only issue is I know that laptops can be fairly inferior in terms of outputting the video as well as streaming and I don't really want to drop the quality of the stream and content. I was looking at getting a Dell XPS 15 which on paper I would expect it to run fairly smoothly but I wanted to know really has anyone had any experience with using a Laptop to stream and is it enough to run a stream without any problems?

The following link is to the laptop I was looking at:

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd

I'd like to get as much performance and the best quality whilst also making it the most convenient (Hence I'm hesitant to go for one of the bulky laptops)

Thanks for anyones help and apologies if this is the wrong area to post, wasn't really sure where to put it and though any TO's might be able to help.

If you need anymore information I'm more than happy to explain anything :)

Top Bottom