• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will the 3DS version have a different tier list than the Wii U version?

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
In the Wii U it's much easier to move around due to more controls, and I've heard that there are different blastzones and whatnot. Also, we must take the stages into account to.

The 3DS and Wii U are very similar, but are NOT 100% the same game. So will this mean a different tier list will be made for both games?

I think ultimately the tier lists will be similar with a few minor characters switching spots.

Last edited:

S2

Smash Lord
If I had to take a guess, they probably will share the same list with minor speculation on differences. This is because the tournament life of the 3DS version is pretty much over in favor of the console release. To compile a tier list independent of the Wii U version, you'd need to have clearly outlined why a character is worse on the 3DS's controller / stages compared to the Wii U version and then have 3DS tournament results that consistently back that up. Otherwise it's a lot of opinion and guesses, which never really makes for an accurate list. Given how much (or lack thereof) play the 3DS version is gonna get in tournaments compared to the Wii U... I don't see an accurate 3DS only tier list emerging.

OR TLDR

No. There probably won't be enough 3DS tournaments to prove character viability differences with hard data.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
As long as the two remain identical in terms of character changes from patches then they wouldn't have a different tier list as they are essentially the same game.

That said, the 3DS won't have a real competitive scene at all. It'll be a side silly thing for passing the time at best.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
I can see it happen. I know people who still swear by the 3DS version. They think it's the better of the two.

Top Bottom