• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will/Should R.O.B. appear in Duck Hunt / Duos trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
With confirmation that Duck Hunt Duo is getting a trailer, it would make sense for R.O.B. to make an appearance in it, just like how every other trailer features another character from a different series.

Villager - Everyone
Mega Man - Mario, Link, DK, Kirby?
Wii Fit Trainer - Mario, Link Kirby
Rosalina - Kirby
Little Mac - Samus
Greninja - Mario, Link, Olimar, Samus, Kirby
Mii is the exception, But their trailer is overall a different story
Palutena - Link
Pac-Man - Mr. Game & Watch
Robin - Captain Falcon
Shulk - Marth, Link

R.O.B. makes the most sense to appear in the trailer as both of them have associations NES accessories that were used to market the system as a toy.

What do you think?

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I waited before I posted this. It appears that Bowser Jr., a secret character, has been revealed in his own trailer, while still being in the secret characters section on the main site. I calculate a high probability for ROB to appear in DHD's reveal trailer, due to secret characters appearing in reveal trailers.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I hope R.O.B. makes an appearance, since they're both launch lineup stars for the NES in North America.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Will he? Possibly.

Should he? I say no, but the only reasoning I have is just based on personal opinion, which isn't necessarily a good reason. Just personal preference.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking... ROB's best chance to appear in the cinematic would be the DHD trailer. This is especially due to the fact that they were both from the NES era, as @ toadster101 toadster101 said. However, I do not think, by any reasonable stretch of the imagination, that he would appear anywhere else.

Aside from my logic, I hope he makes an appearance, even a small one. Those cinematics are pretty awesome, and it would make my day to see him there.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Sad day for ROBs everywhere

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Well, it is very improbable that ROB will get screen time after this. While it would have been cool to see him, I cannot say that I expected him to appear. So I'm not very concerned.

However, It is very likely he would get a home stage at least. So we have that to look forward to.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Unfortunately, he didn't make any appearance in the trailer. Well, I see no point in keeping this thread around anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom