• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Immortallity Be Achieved by Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duck

Smash Champion
I say 'anyone's guess', but, according to religeous beleifs, isn't going to heaven what makes the SOUL immortal? I mean, the souls of humans is the reason bodies function...bodies can feel pain, but souls cannot.

Albeit being truely immortal wouldd mean never to be physically changed or harmed, the soul still is there and the soul causes emotion, and being with or without emotion has nothing to with the body, and therefore does not relate to immortality, so you'd still have feelings of all kinds.

Most importantly, even if the body is left by the soul, and is therefore worthless, the soul still remains, and that's all that matters.

But if I confuse you, I'll clarify it all in the morning because I'm tired right now. :sleep:

The Smiley

Smash Rookie
I think that immortality will never EVER happen, there are so many things that can distroy our bodys. And the robot thing... ill think of something later ;)

but... the human race will prob try to populate mars after they waste Earth... they would move in a coulple of huge reflecting materials and heat up mars. The ice will melt and they will plant tons of trees and other things, don't know if they will take any animals or not...

also... when they trash mars they will search for a differant planet (don't know how they will find) and send frozen human embreos (sp?) to that planet... if you want to know how they keep those embreos from getting hurt by the sharp daggers that the ice form... scientists studied some frogs that keep themselfs frozen the whole winter and found out that they used glucose (again sp?) to keep the daggers away, (forgot what the glucose does hehe) plus scientists can make a ship that can travel through space at one tenth of the speed of light!!!

so i think that people are worring about there population lasting forever than just people.

pikamon

Smash Ace
None of this matters at all! And do you know why my friends?
Because humanity will not live long enough to achieve it. Our own selfishness and destructiveness will destroy us all. We'll blow ourselves up one day. Prabably due to a war or something.:(

Bazooka Lucca

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well of course immortality will be achieved. Not in our human bodies, but our spirits live forever. We'll either spend eternity in heaven or hell. Every person is immortal, in a sense.

But as far as humans, our bodies, living forever, such thing will never exist. Why? Because judgement day is coming. One day every man will be judged.

Bushelz

Smash Journeyman
Immortality is yet another warm blanket at night. During the Spanish Reign many Conquistadors were searching for the 'Fountain of Youth', which was supposed to bring ever lastng life. They thought this up because the race of mankind is so afraid of death that not proceeding on and going to heaven would seem bad. We want to continue our little fiasco lives forever. Everyone really fears that in death there is nothing, which there might **** well be.

However, being immortal would mean you never answer another question of eternity, what is death like? I agree with some of those people that stated,'The Flesh cannot live forever'. YOu may have a body that doesn't die naturally, but what if you were shot in the head, or your head was just chopped off, how can a body survive without it's head? We're not like worms whom can be cut into two seperate entities and live on. Something of our technological dissent will eradicate us and that'll be the end. Immortality is bad, I don't think that the Lord wanted us to live forever. I believe He wanted Longevity.

Death is truly the gates to a whole nother dimension.

Oliver

Smash Apprentice
Avoiding theological approaches to this question, (and thus myself some time) I believe human scientists will, assuming the human race survives long enough into the future, will achieve everything imaginable. Imagine what a man 1000 years ago would think to see modern technology. If we were to travel to the future, I think we would be similarly impressed by our successors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom