• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will equipment change how Smash is played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So I saw this

And I read some comments about how equipment can balance itself out, so the stat changes are barely noticeable, while you can have things such as the soft landing, 1.2x running speed, etc, etc. Now, online mode doesn't allow equipment, but as far as I know local does. And it got me thinking:

If the Wii U has this kind of stuff, with local tournaments, would the competitive scene start using equipment to make it more Melee-like, or would it be better for Smash 4 for its own metagame to be discovered and practices, without the need to be compared to Melee?

I personally prefer the latter, but I'm not too sure which would be more likely. It just seemed interesting to me that equipment might be able to give a Melee-like experience, so I thought I'd bring it up. x.x''

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Please post this in existing threads discussing equipment in the competitive environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom