• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wild Gunman Techs!

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
DHD's down-b actually has some amazing applications, and I want to show you all these in this thread!

Advancing gunman:
If you sprint, shorthop and throw out gunman while in the air you will use gunman while maintaining horizontal momentum.

Gunman grab:
If you put out gunman, then land a grab on your enemy, the gunman will hit your opponent while they are grabbed. Adding pummels and a throw combo to this can net you quite a few percents! If you use the advancing gunman at the same time, you can cover more distance while doing this.

Inputs: (:GCY:+:GCR:) :GCD:+:GCB: :GCLT:(+:GCA:)

Edgeman:
Not so much a tech as a trick, if you use wild gunman while next to a ledge, it will drop and cover medium-low recoveries. If you fullhop out and nair at the same time, you will cover quite a lot of space.
Inputs::GCD:+:GCB:(Next to ledge)

Gunman guardians:
This is actually a great defensive tech. If you throw out gunman, each and every one has it's own hitbox. This means you can abuse this and stop a fully charged shadow ball/ aura sphere by throwing out gunman to soak up the damage. The only disadvantage ot this tech is the lack of a gunman while doing it.

Knowing which gunman you are going to get:
If you throw out a gunman, that gunman will not be used 5 times. So if you use gunman 3 times, there is a 50% chance you will get the two remaining gunman. If you use gunman 4 times, you are sure to get the gunman you didn't get.

That about concludes this compilation! Sorry for the lack of videos, I don't have a 3DS capture card, and don't really think filming will cut it :p

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the gunmen focus. DH's gunmen have so much potential and are one of his Most valuable tools and Most overlooked. Can also use gunmen to save yourself when recovering to the ledge. Drop a gunmen and your opponent will be hesitant to Stop your low ledge recovery.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Actually use most of these things when I fight, but never thought to actually explain them XD. Good work, I may be able to supply the vid for ya, thought it may not be the best quality.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
His 1.1.0 version is pretty bad - they crippled the roll and air dodge, and they still haven't fixed that slide glitch, and if they haven't in the next update, it will be my objective to post constantly on Miiverse demanding that is the case.

Top Bottom