• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U: Using Launcher Will Send Me Back To Wii Menu (Hackless Wii U)

loganjeffers12

Smash Rookie
So I downloaded Project M going by every instruction they gave me and I went to Brawl on my Wii U and started the PM Launcher, when I pressed A to start PM the game instead took me to the Wii menu I retried this many times and it still didn't work I even re installed it about 3 times and it didn't work that time either, trying to update the launcher causes it to fail the storing update and restarting the update but it will never install. Please help I have not found any way to fix it yet.

Narpas_sword

really? i had heard that the wii-u can erase 'bad' files if the SD is in during boot.
will search for source then update post.

edit//\

from here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-on-wii-u-full-guide.360784/

Part 2 - Running Project M on your Wii U

Boot up your Wii U, but don't put Brawl or the SD card in yet. For some reason, Project M won't load unless you put the SD card in your Wii U AFTER going to the Wii menu. Although, I've heard from various people that they got it to work without doing that... just do it this first time to be safe. As for not putting Brawl in, it just works better for me. After you boot up the Wii menu, go ahead and put Brawl in, but not the SD card. Boot up Brawl.

Last edited:

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what was up with that guy's setup, but it's not true. I always keep my SD card in and it never fails. I also find it unlikely that they would be able to identify "bad" files from an SD card or even that they scan the SD card when the Wii U starts up. I am saying from my own empirical evidence that this is untrue. Although when this happens, the next step is usually replace the P:M loader with Gecko OS--it seems to run with many less problems.

Top Bottom