• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U Pro Controller?

CCCM89

Smash Ace
Strange and stupid question, but when smash 4 comes out, I plan on using the Wii U Pro Controller. In order to practice with it and get use to it, I want to use said controller while playing brawl. How would I go about doing this?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ As a Classic Controller Pro user, the most I change for better controls is ZL for shield and keeping ZR for grabs with tap jump off. The R and L button you will rarely use, you don't have to change those if you want to. Sadly, the controls tend to be sensitive if your use to the GC Controller, but with better placements for buttons, I say it's worth the practice time.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
okay, but how do I take the Wii U Pro Controller I got with my Wii U and connect it to my Wiimote so that said wiimote thinks it's a classic controller?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Oops dodged the question. XD

☯ Sadly there's no way to connect Wii U Pro Controllers to a Wiimote. Though there are 3rd party Wii U Pro Controllers that will work like a Classic Controller, but I wouldn't recommend it.

CCCM89

Smash Ace
damn, so either I buy the gamecube adapter for a controller with a loose stick on the vertical axis, I buy a classic pro for the grips, or I suck it up and use the regular classic controller. honestly, I may eventually shell out for the classic pro if smash 4 doesn't come out soon. I don't like the placement of the Z buttons. that, and I can't ****ing hold the thing without the grips. ^_^

Top Bottom