• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii resets when trying to playing Project M!

DatGameh

Smash Rookie
I need help!

Okay. So I plan to play Project M, but I have met some problems along the way:

At first, I try to play PM thru a burnt Brawl disc. It worked, but the disk's files were corrupted. So I had to burn another one.
But before I burnt it, I decided to try to play GC games in my Wii through a HB app called Nintendon't.

It required me to update my IOS28 to IOS 58, which modifies the ports through some way I don't really understand about.
But IOS58 is only available in version 4.3 (I'm in 4.2).
But I found an installer that can update only IOS58 safely without changing other IOS's. I successfully did it, and now I can play GC games through HB!

But... Ever since I did this, when I press "Play" at the PM menu... The Wii resets back to the Wii Channels!
I tried going directly through Gecko OS, but instead, it goes to Brawl!

Is this related to my IOS58 upgrade that made the other IOS's incompatible with each other, which caused the disability to play PM?
Or is this just another problem that's unrelated?
I've seen others in the internet face this problem too, but I'm not sure if they are in the same scenario like me.

I actually plan to update the whole Wii to 4.3, but since there is no "Safe Updater" (I'm very afraid if using the official update will brick my wii) for 4.3, I'm thinking on alternative ways to solve this.
So do you have any ideas that can help? Anything is appreciated.

Top Bottom