• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Remote Issues.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Now before you go "You seriously playing with the Wii Remote scrub?" Yes I am. While I'm interested in competitive play, I usually just play casually with friends. Me and my friends notice that Project: M's controls with Wii Remotes are totally janky. Here are some issues:

1. There is a delay when pushing down. Specials and smashes only work when you push both at the exact right time.
  2. You can't double tap to run, this was integral to use tilts and to walk slowly. This issue also makes me unable to crawl as a single tap forces you to run.
There are clearly downsides to using a Wii Remote that I know of, like unable to use Snake's walking grab effectively. However I'm positive that you should be able to crawl and crawl attack with Samus and Snake. Sorry if I'm being whiny, but does anyone know of a way to fix this?

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
Seems to be a glitch/bug with Project M and any type of Wiimote setup in general. Someone in another thread had the same problems as you did pertaining to running. You're not being whiny and I'm not sure if there's any fix for this right now.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Now before you go "You seriously playing with the Wii Remote scrub?" Yes I am. While I'm interested in competitive play, I usually just play casually with friends. Me and my friends notice that Project: M's controls with Wii Remotes are totally janky. Here are some issues:

1. There is a delay when pushing down. Specials and smashes only work when you push both at the exact right time.
  2. You can't double tap to run, this was integral to use tilts and to walk slowly. This issue also makes me unable to crawl as a single tap forces you to run.
There are clearly downsides to using a Wii Remote that I know of, like unable to use Snake's walking grab effectively. However I'm positive that you should be able to crawl and crawl attack with Samus and Snake. Sorry if I'm being whiny, but does anyone know of a way to fix this?
I honestly haven't noticed any sort of delay and I play with the Wiiremote and Nunchuck. The things you're describing sounds like they may be issues with your controllers, as I've never had these types of problems. Now if you're just playing with the Wii remote by itself then that's a different story all together.

Y-L

Smash Champion
The first issue I'm not sure of but the second issue is a known bug. Seriously, at least use a nunchuk though :S I mean how can you expect to play flawlessly without any analog inputs (no control stick).

Last edited:
Top Bottom