• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii remote as controller

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Hello, I was wondering why people don't like to use the Wii Remote & Nunchuk as a controller (excluding the lag from it being wireless). I play with it, and I have adjusted the controller layout to provide the same benefits as the Gamecube controller. Is there a particular reason that it has become undesired or?

Disclaimer: I think I am an alright player, and I can pull most competitive combos etc... Also I have been playing with it since Brawl's launch in 08.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I was wondering why people don't like to use the Wii Remote & Nunchuk as a controller (excluding the lag from it being wireless). I play with it, and I have adjusted the controller layout to provide the same benefits as the Gamecube controller. Is there a particular reason that it has become undesired or?

Disclaimer: I think I am an alright player, and I can pull most competitive combos etc... Also I have been playing with it since Brawl's launch in 08.

This is Brawl.
No combo's exist.
The Gamecube controller is superior due to C-stick and for comfortable reasons.
I should direct you to a better game either Smash 64 or Melee.
/thread.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
A lot of Brawl players migrated over from Melee, so they are used to the GC controller.
Also, those players taught other people how to play, and they did so with the GC controller so THOSE players used them as well.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
A lot of Brawl players migrated over from Melee, so they are used to the GC controller.
Also, those players taught other people how to play, and they did so with the GC controller so THOSE players used them as well.
I suppose you're right. I have it to where A and B are the same, and I use tap jump which after years the precision kinda comes naturally. I also made the D-Pad a C-stick and have C on the Nunchuk as grab and Z as shield. I just don't think people should count it out as a viable play option.

Top Bottom