• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii online lag

readability

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to fix or improve input lag when playing with friends online? I'm using project M 3.5 on wii and the lag make it almost unplayable. Or are there any other mods like project M that support and approve online play with the melee feel?

THANKS

readability

Smash Rookie
Thanks Moydow, Unfortunately nether my computer or my friend's can run Dolphin at a decent frame rate.

Have you (or anybody else reading this) tried the wii LAN adapter? Does it make a noticeable difference for online vs.?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I haven't used it personally, but as it's wired instead of wireless, it cuts out a small amount of the ping time (one of the main sources of lag), and should result in a more stable connection.

Y-L

Smash Champion
It's going to be laggy because your inputs are going through a server and then to your opponent instead of directly to your opponent. There really isn't much you can do using WiFi.

Top Bottom