• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer a SSBWU exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it make sense since she has never appeared in a Nintendo handheld console; more specifically a DS/3DS?

I'm not messing around here either, I could potentially be on to something.

I originally posted this:
Is it possible for WFT to be a SSBWU exclusive?

Has anyone seen any pictures of her in the 3DS version yet? Nope. If you think about it, it makes sense since there were not any Wii Fit games for the 3DS since being active only with your hands wouldn't be doing much.

Who could possibly fill the role of being the 'one out of left-field' on the 3DS though, if this pattern holds true?

If I had to guess, perhaps Brain Age related?

LOL

Final Smash being somewhere along the lines of:

inb4 nintendogs
inb4HarryTheChinyouAREaDINGUSbecauseTHEYclearlysaidthatbothversionsofSSB4willhavethesamecharacterroster
OR WILL THEY? dun dun dun

:3

EDIT: You know, come to think about it a lot of other fighting game series have taken the route that I presume to be happening with WFT for SSBWU.
in the The Hell? - Wii Fit Trainer Playable thread somewhat jokingly and halfheartedly...

But after coming across the polygon article, in which Sakurai gave us a couple of hints:

The Wii U and 3DS versions of the game do not support any manner of cross-play between the two platforms, he said. Sakurai explained that, due to the stages that will be unique to each platform, the systems would be incompatible. And while the handheld and console versions of the next Super Smash Bros. will feature system-specific stages, the game's moves, characters and items will be "nearly identical."
This could quite definitely be a possibility.

discuss. :3

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I'd also just like to point out the fact that there has yet to be a SSB4 3DS picture with WFT in it.

/bump

:3

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Sakurai says that the library of characters on the Wii U version is the same as the 3DS version.
Really? I thought he only said that the number of characters will be the same in both versions.

I could be wrong though. Do you have a source? If you don't mind me asking.

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Really? I thought he only said that the number of characters will be the same in both versions.

I could be wrong though. Do you have a source? If you don't mind me asking.
I forgot where I got the info, sorry. But, the word "number" is most likely a mistranslation, as there is going to be customization of some kind.

Hong

The Strongest
By "nearly identical", he means the characters are sometimes graphically altered. He went into further detail in the French interview. The hands of Mario, for example, are deformed and disproportional on the 3DS version so they can more easily be seen. There will still be the same character pool on the two versions, just with graphical distinctions.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
As I said elsewhere he would be a purrfect boss:

And about a counterpart for the Wii Fit Trainer, I think she is the answer:

Toony, oversexualized, her skin is human colored but her shape is not, and her games were released only on the Nintendo DS. In other words: She is the exact antitesis of The Wii Fit Trainer.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
I could've sworn it was confirmed that the roster would be the same on both versions... Also WFT is not the only character with no 3ds picture (the Villager doesn't have one either, and he HAD a game on the 3ds).

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
I could've sworn it was confirmed that the roster would be the same on both versions... Also WFT is not the only character with no 3ds picture (the Villager doesn't have one either, and he HAD a game on the 3ds).
I've heard that too, but I forgot where I heard that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom