• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii and You

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
One of the things that pleased me most about Smash Bros. Melee was how easy it was to get used to, especially coming from SSB64. It was impressively simple to pick up a GameCube controller and start playing Melee with some decent SSB64 ability, and HAL struck a nice balance between keeping the same old gameplay and controls, and introducing some new features.

But with Smash Bros. Wii (or whatever you want to call it), there’s the chance that Nintendo could go a different way entirely to achieve the same basic goal. The Wii controller is being touted as all about ease of use to the casual gamer, as being totally natural and intuitive. Some might ask, though, where that leaves “the rest of us”: those who are already quite used to the standard controller, C-stick smashing, and all the rest.

It’s not out of the question that Nintendo could make use of the “standard” controller shell enclosure for the next Smash. But Nintendo is a huge fan of innovation, and other franchises will most certainly see some major changes to take advantage of the new controls. (Even EA’s sports games will be retooled much more than you might think for a third party, or so I (think I’ve) read.)

So here, on the eve of Nintendo’s tell-all press conference, I pose this question to the prophetic among us: how much will SSB3 change the “fundamentals” of Smash? How much should they change? Where will Nintendo’s quest for innovation meet up with familiarity, especially in a game with such a hardcore following and established levels of skill? The answers to these questions, I’m willing to posit, may very will turn the current tournament scene on its head.

Post your thoughts.

D

Dark Link

why did you change the controller? should should have done the same controls that you did for the N64 and the gamecube

Q

Quinny

I heard the controller was going to be motion censor and you know, I wonder if we are going to get used to it easily or what. I just don’t think we’ll be able to play as fast as we could in melee.

Gamewolf13

Smash Apprentice
I thought that the GC controller could be plugged into the Wii/Revolution? Then we can keep playing. Anyone know if this is true? I mean, it seems like it would work…if the controller fits.

D

Dark Link

They said the gamecube control would work on the Wii say said it would fit

D

Dark Link

guess what! I just found out just now that they won’t be using the wii remote anymore they will still be using the gamecube controller! take a look for yourself if you don’t beliveme

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=smash&message.id=274781&page=1

S

Shadow Mario

I just heard now that they are going to get rid of the Wii remotes and stick with the old controls the GameCube controls

S

Shadow Mario

Although it would have been interesting to see what it was like but I am just fine with the way it is now

M

Mathew

They have around 4 different romotes for the wii, a gamecube version, “the remote one”, one shaped like a gun and something else. Maybe only 3.

E

Emrald green

I think smash brother brawl should have sonic,shadow,and mega-man as charecters

E

Emrald green

I also think it should have all of the things part two had.

I

Inuyasha

Big dissapointment on the controller change.
=( now we will havf to excerise

I

Inuyasha

sonic and shadow ok but megaman in game?
what about bowser in ssbb or ballon fighter?

T

The Mario fan Boy

Ya why megaman he just isn’t exactly right for this kind of game. Plus there are way better options to be put in the game than him.

S

smash fan #100000

hey don´t you know all details of controller??

its alredy proved that the gamecube controller would conect to Wii and play smash with it, the remote controll is very cool but it won´t be used during game´s playgame and I don´t know anything about the nunchuk just tell how the hell would remote wii used??? it would be very insane and ilogic, it gotta be the gamecube controller

T

The Mario fan Boy

Ya but what about other games they will have to use the controller? I’m pritty sure that there isn’t going to be someone that would buy the revolution just for the sake of playing Brawl with a gamecube controller. But some of the games for the revolution will be better of with the nunchuk controller, like Project H.A.M.M.E.R or Rayman but not realy any kind of fighting games though.

T

The Mario fan Boy

I saw this game (super mario strikers charged) and it looks like pritty much the same game as super mario strikers but better in every concevable way!!!!!!!!! It has better graphics, more arenas and Bowser is now playable. The super strikes look esier to perform and The little team characters (Koopa , Toad, Birdo, Hammer.bros) can all be on 1 team instead of 1 team having the same characters. If anyone here has played Mario strikers than u know what i’m talking about.

It’s coming out for the revolution and I just can’t wait to have it aswell as Brawl!!!!!!

S

smash fan #100000

coool!!!I have played the strikers and that sounds fantastic

ooh! and probably the unice game (of Wii) that will be played with the gamecube controller is going to be brawl cuz nintendo think on us and he bother on make the conections for the controller so we don`t have to get the habit of another controller and to play gamecube games on Wii console!!!

L

lombardibird

there should be a rpg for all nintendo characters in the smash

A

Aaron

rpg for all nintendo does sound kinda.i agree with you lombaribird.

Top Bottom