• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WiFi Problems in With Friends

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, apparently, for the past week I've been having problems playing With Friends. It's pretty normal for me though because I've experienced it before, but, I want to know if there's a way to fix it so I don't deal with it ever again.

I run an iMac with an Airport Express Card and since last week my Brawl has been DC'ing me at random intervals in friend matches. And yes, I have nothing downloading and I have a good connection with them. My internet is fine as well and it worked for Brawl perfectly for awhile. Every time I go to play somebody I'll either get a few good lagless matches in or I'll get one good lagless match and then the next match it'll still be lagless but the game will stop and return me to the menu (meaning we got DC'ed). It's even worse in 3 or 4 player Brawls with my friends HOWEVER just the other day, I was on With Anyone, and my WiFi WORKED perfectly with 4 player matches!

I don't understand why at all because if it can handle 4 player matches in With Anyone (especially with all the items) why can't it handle 1v1 no items? Because every other match I keep getting DC'ed or thatgiant pause lag. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it? Again, consider the equipment I am running here, I do not have a Windows, therefore I cannot follow the same instructions as you give me.

Anyone wanna help someone like me out? Oh! And my channel is set to 2, 1 and 11 DID NOT work on my computers OR my Wii.

Oh and the friends all are relatively close to me, about only two miles away at most.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
Its most likely will be your internet. My friend has had the same problem and even called Nintendo to help with the problem. (except it was his router that was the problem and couldn't let us battle or let him play any WiFi matches with me.)
Here are some options.

Either turn off firewall

Get a different router

Or not play friendlies at all and travel that 2 miles.

If none of these do not work then... I'm not even sure

Top Bottom