• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Match VS. a good Ness, comments+critique welcome

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Spam the Ftilt more.
Dsmash is his best kill move (fastest, easiest to land)

Your friend is really good, I mean, I main Ness to and I could NEVER play him well with button lag...

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Crazy comeback!
I'm the god of comebacks, which is good because I make a lot of mistakes :) I usually pull it out in the end, whether people just outright choke, or I just get the flow of the game. I remember one game where I upB suicided twice, and I came back and took the game to the very end, and lost, because, you know, I was playing with one stock really, and it was against a really good R.O.B.

And yea, that Ness is pretty tight in general, we had an MK ditto the other day, and it was tough. Otherwise, it's tough beating his Ness/Jiggs with anyone besides MK.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I used to suck very hard against Nesses until I learned the matchup, and I have NoNessNoProblem to give all of the thanks to :) (we play a lot and obviously he uses Ness)

well theres just a few things I'd like to say about the MK vs Ness matchup and this video of you playing

1. When youre in the air and trying to get back to the stage, it seems like the perfect opportunity for Ness to sit back and show you his PK thunder skills. You have to airdodge the PK thunder, it can be tough to time I realize that, since you may think you airdodged it but then you somehow get shocked by the tail...but it is possible so if you get that down, you'll find yourself with much more percentage to spare

2. If you ever find yourself PK fired, just get the heck out of there, seriously, dont try to attack or walk or fly forward, just get as far away from that **** flame as possible (lol thats an exageration of course, if you go as far away as possible, you'll explode and then respawn >_>) So if you get PK fired, you know how you just sit there and get repeatadly hit by the pillar of fire? well you can shield it and then roll out of it, or if you have enough percentage or are just high enough, you can fly away

3. this is probably just a personal preference, but I find it much easier to combo out of a dthrow rather than an uthrow

I realize this game had button lag and it was just a friendly and obviously you'd play a lot better in an offline match, so good game to you and your friend, you both played well

I hope my advice somehow helps you in the future :)

PS: its kind of weird that "Yoshi" plays as Ness >_> is yoshi his real main?

Iron

Smash Journeyman
I would only rarely glide against a Ness or Lucas, because you need to be able to keep your air dodge open for PK Thunders.

I wouldn't nair at low percents to rack up damage--you want to save it as a finisher (preferably over the edge).

I wouldn't ever use MK's jab. It's his worst move.

Don't be afraid to throw in some Mach Tornadoes now and again. The variety throws your opponent off, and if the move is used correctly it's very difficult to punish.

When Ness or Lucas is recovering with their UpB they are vulnerable to attack right before the PK Thunder connects and propels them. Always punish them for stalling close to the stage. I usually do so with an Nair or Shuttle Loop (if they're high up enough).

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I would only rarely glide against a Ness or Lucas, because you need to be able to keep your air dodge open for PK Thunders.

I wouldn't nair at low percents to rack up damage--you want to save it as a finisher (preferably over the edge).

I wouldn't ever use MK's jab. It's his worst move.

Don't be afraid to throw in some Mach Tornadoes now and again. The variety throws your opponent off, and if the move is used correctly it's very difficult to punish.

When Ness or Lucas is recovering with their UpB they are vulnerable to attack right before the PK Thunder connects and propels them. Always punish them for stalling close to the stage. I usually do so with an Nair or Shuttle Loop (if they're high up enough).
All good advice. I glide to get back and to move through the air very quickly, but waiting in order to dodge PK thunder is smarter. I usually use whatever moves I have in an attempt to just rack up damage and stun the opponent. Jab isn't ever a good idea, but it works if the opponent is close enough, at least, because it will stall them until the end. But I barely use Nair as it is, if I do it's usually an accident, albeit a good one. I don't tornado enough, and I have to look out for Ness using fair on the way back, because he will do that most of the time, and he knows to use PK thunder when I'm not properly spaced to edgeguard it. Also, it's tough to stop them from recovering with it on wifi.

good ness... lol oxymoron
Heh, that's funny, because Yoshi would ****-stomp you. By the way, I don't know why his smashboards name is .yoshi, because he mains ness/jiggs in Brawl, and he mained jiggs/ICs/ness in Melee.

Jono

Smash Apprentice
Spam the Ftilt more.
Dsmash is his best kill move (fastest, easiest to land)

Your friend is really good, I mean, I main Ness to and I could NEVER play him well with button lag...
It's Yoshi, one of the best.

Top Bottom