• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi Events?

nessokman

Smash Lord
If you've played pokemon, you probably know what I'm saying.for those of you who had no childhood and didn't EVER play Pokemon, they hold exclusive events in which you go to a participating store or nowadays use wifi to get exclusive, limited time only Pokemon.(usually an extreme OP legendary)

Now, we all know this was in a smallest of senses was done in brawl by handing out boring custom stages.Now that they have their wifi/Nintendo network set up ( for the most part),what are the possibilities?

Think they could just distribute limited time only characters and stages? (Stages probably wouldn't work online, characters might.) and other limited time thing like trophies.

Think they will? Discuss. :D

:phone:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Noo freaking way!!! then all the UK people like me will get screwed over like always..

And DLC is debatebale..sorta..but no way in hell will they do wifi events im 100/ sure they wont its such a bad idea sorry.. Not meaning to put you down or be rude but its good for pokemon but for Sm4sh? Defo No.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Characters and stages? Nah, but costumes, music, trophies, and other useless things? You bet. I see it as a big possibility. Like when a new Zelda comes out a new trophy is available. Similar to the Mario riding Yoshi trophy from Melee and Samus without her helmet, both Japan only though.

If a character comes late and it's free, I imagine it will be available for the majority of the Wii U's life span.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I prefer it in the old standard way:
When you buy a certain game and you create date of it on the Wii U, you also gain or unlock something in SSB4 related to the game you just bought.
What's the difference between gain and unlock?
Well: an unlocked thing is something that was already in the game, but needed a key present in another game.
A gained thing instead is something created AFTER the game was realased, and whose code is inserted in another game.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I can see certain DLCs for costumes and maybe stages being exclusive for certain things, like one costume or stage being a pre-order bonus from Amazon, GameStop, etc., or how certain countries get certain costumes, music, etc.. I don't see playable characters being exclusive to anything.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I can see certain DLCs for costumes and maybe stages being exclusive for certain things, like one costume or stage being a pre-order bonus from Amazon, GameStop, etc., or how certain countries get certain costumes, music, etc.. I don't see playable characters being exclusive to anything.

Owww Noooo..Nintendo wont pull a gears of war on us...

Top Bottom