• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wifi connection disconnected

jam3s007

Smash Cadet
hey guys.

My wifi connection(or my online opponents) keeps getting dropped. This also happens to me in the training room while waiting for opponents to join up. This leads me to believe it's on my end most likely. I've played a few full matches all of the way through but the majority of them get dropped within the first few minutes. I don't think a hard wired connection would help(due to my comments below). Friend Code: 1466-2904-4617

- I tried the hackless and homebrew method of PM and no change.

- Router is netgear nighthawk dualband, about 15Mbps, WPA2(AES), Mac Address authorized devices only, portfowarded for Wii and IP address set, using recommended DNS server from the link in the wifi thread.

- Wii 4.3U

- 2Gb Sd card non sdch

- No GameCube memory cards installed

- loaded from brawl, homebrew channel, or USB loader

- The game has only frozen twice but at the training room. Kirby and samus.

- Goldeneye, Black ops, cod 4, and MW2 function normally online with no connection drops. Lots of hours spent playing with no network interruptions.

- No real server traffic overload at home during attempts to play

Last edited:
Top Bottom