• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why? Why? Why?

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Why did you pick Olimar as your main? (if you main him). That's the question in this topic!

I picked him because I liked him the first time I played him rightaway. When he was announced I was more like 'meh', but when I started using him it was really fun and I love annoying characters. :p The variaty of the different Pikmin and their attacks was also great. He just felt good rightaway.

Have to admit I mained Lucas before I got back to Olimar. But now I'll stick to him forever! :lick:

KURiSUTARU

Smash Rookie
I don't main him, but he's one of my secondaries. Why? He so dang fun! You don't even need to be very good, just a few practice matches and you can annoy your opponents to death. Digging up Pikmin and abusing the whistle is so awesome. I'd main Olimar if it weren't for Pit.

Honestly, I think everyone has fun playing with him at some point or another.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I love the 2 pikmin games but Olimar in Brawl just creeps me out. He's too quiet and his eyes are freaky. Although I do get an immense amount of pleasure out of running off the edge of a platform and just as I'm about to step off, using B to pull a pikmin with no sound. It's just funny.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
I like Pikmin. Olimar was one of the few people that i REALLY wanted in. But until i didnt plan on using him until i had played him a couple of times. He's cute, funny, strong, has a lot of range for his smashes, a fun dash attack/uptilt/nair, a spammable projectile, and a deep metagame.

Scylen

Smash Cadet
you are all lying to yourselves. be honest. you think olimar is top tier. your may not be that good at the game. this 'i love pikmin' garbage makes me laugh'. if everyone played a character out of their favorite nintendo game we'd all be mario or link [not toon link mind you] i don't care i think olimar is a great character, u guys just be honest with yourselves and each other. flame me with illogical bs. your just proving my point

Sikarios

Smash Cadet
Like many others, I was a huge fan of the Pikmin games on Nintendo's older consoles and was very excited when I heard Oli was in. When I first played Brawl I didn't like Oli at all and just stuck with my usual Ness. But after some trial and error, and after learning the strengths and weaknesses of the different colors (the blue kick *** for throwing!) I gave him another chance and he's now my best character.

I also have a tendency to like small, weird type characters in fighting games in general:

Shun-Di in Virtua Fighter
Wang in Tekken
Cervantes in Soul Calibur.

ElSpaniard

Smash Cadet
i have a history with olimar. The first day he was announced i got uber excited and decided i was gona use him no matter what! the fact tht he was so raw was a bonus. I basically love him because he uses the pikmin to fight for him, he doesn't need to fight he has ppl(pikmin) for that. And the pikmin are more then willing to die for olimar their god.:laugh:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You don't even need to be very good,
umm... sure, u think that

he's not my main but my secondary behind lucario.(RAWR) he's has incredible range. He's small, kinda quick, has fast and powerful attacks, and i love the SKILL it takes to be good at him. There's so many intricate things to master about his game that i think he'll also be a high tier character. Plus, he's olimar. i mean...for real...ftw

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I main him because i have a pikmin fetish
=|

Aaaaanyway, yeah, I liked Olimar and his series since way back on the Gamecube, when Pikmin 1 was released. I was barely skilled enough to even beat it (I was like 10, and pikmin 1 is way harder than the sequel! :laugh:) Pikmin 1+2 are still some of my favorite games of all time, and when Im feeling bad I still pop them in from time to time. Purples were my favorites: I'd just take 20 and beat like the whole game xD. (Blues are best in Brawl though... )
When I heard he was in SSBB, I knew I was going to main him from my first Brawl, and I've never looked back. He helped me to become the Local gamestop tourney winner, and improve my game so far to way more than what I ever even tried in Melee. (Then again, I was a TOTAL NOOB in that one, didn't know about Smashboards... ;)) Now I'm here to stay.

Pikmin rule, same for all quirky characters. I'll stand behind the Cptn. no matter what some Smash Noob says. *coughScylencough* Who's with me?!
:chuckle:

Fredd

Smash Apprentice
Two words: q-tee (cutie).

Tell me who can deny a dime-slotted-eyed captain in his space suit.
You can`t forget the blue antenna on top of his helmet that sways in the wind ~

BlinkyImp

Smash Rookie
I play Olimar because he's so **** manly. I mean, seriously! He's less than a quarter-inch tall, but he's out there beating up giant monkeys, fire-breathing lizard kings, heroes of time, and countless others. Proportionality? Ha! Olimar eats realism for breakfast.

Also, I like his playstyle, but that's a relatively minor reason.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I main Olimar for many reasons.

1. Olimar is considered one of the toughest characters to master.
2. His stage has a perfect balance of environment changes, platforms, and stage hazards.
3. I'm an expert in the Pikmin series, and study and come up with hypothesis of how Earth became the Distant Planet, and why Olimar resembles a human so closely.
4. Olimar is tougher then Snake and Falcon combined. He deals with hundreds of deaths per day, and he never sheds a tear.
5. He's the shortest character, yet the strongest. (IMO)

Top Bottom