• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why We May Have To Wait Another Day For Ballot Results

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hello to everyone looking forward to your character winning the Ballot Vote.

This thread's purpose is to inform the hopeful that the Ballot Vote Winners may not be revealed today.

My reason is that the SSB4 website states that 10/3/2015 is the deadline for the Ballot itself.

Untitled.png

Meaning that today is the last day for voting to occur.

So, for those expecting the results to show up, don't be surprised if they do not show up today.

I would love to be proven wrong and see the results. Hopefully, all of you find something to pass the time until the results are in.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
I'm sure they've already started working on at least one character they've picked from the ballot, but yeah, as far as we know, it's strictly a deadline. People seem to have been confusing that word for "announcement", when it really just means that voting is closed. They could have a trailer, possibly... but it just seems way too soon. I at least say with confidence that I expect one within a couple weeks from now, considering how long the ballot went on for. I think it's been what, two eternities? That's what it's freakin' felt like, at least.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Maybe the deadline will occur 11:59 tonight.
It is a possibility, but I would not bet on it. Would be nice though.

I'm sure they've already started working on at least one character they've picked from the ballot, but yeah, as far as we know, it's strictly a deadline. People seem to have been confusing that word for "announcement", when it really just means that voting is closed. They could have a trailer, possibly... but it just seems way too soon. I at least say with confidence that I expect one within a couple weeks from now, considering how long the ballot went on for. I think it's been what, two eternities? That's what it's freakin' felt like, at least.
I agree about it being too soon. Work on a character is surely possible, but right now it is most likely in the testing phase. Seeing what they can do with that character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Methinks the deadline is 11:59 PST.

Hard to believe how much time has passed since the ballot was announced. It honestly feels like it's been years since the 4/1 Direct. I'm looking forward to how things play out now.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Do we even think they'll post Ballot results to begin with? :ohwell:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I doubt they would do that until a future Direct (which I personally believe might be 10/7 or 10/14).

I also think they'll explain that the number of votes for a character doesn't mean said character will get in the game to justify potentially not putting a character with a very high number of votes in the game.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I highly doubt we'll see anything tomorrow, regardless of the Ballot closing. It's disappointing, but I'd rather not get hyped for anything special and be let down.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I sorta reckon it'll be at least a week before we hear anything concrete.
They'll need some time to weed through those votes.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Do we even think they'll post Ballot results to begin with? :ohwell:
Note: Your vote may be made public via the Internet.
It's certainly possible.
I could honestly see a comprehensive list of the Top 100 characters voted.
You could say that people would be upset if the top 5 don't get in as DLC...but, that's going to happen no matter what, and Nintendo never said they had to follow it 1-1 or use all their ideas for Smash 4.

Overall though I think it's more likely they don't reveal it.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
We might have to wait much longer, because firstly they never said they would tell us the results right after the end of the ballot. Secondly, while that's obviously to be expected, they never said the winners of the poll would become DLC characters, so let's assume the winner of the ballot is Naruto and in the end, Goku is released as a DLC character, that would surely piss off Naruto fans. Thirdly, the might want to have some footage of the ballot DLC characters before announcing them.

That being said, I'd like to know the names of the future DLC characters as soon as possible, so I can either be happy or utterly disappointed.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We might have to wait much longer, because firstly they never said they would tell us the results right after the end of the ballot.
Waiting more than one day for the results sounds more plausible than just one day.

That being said, I'd like to know the names of the future DLC characters as soon as possible, so I can either be happy or utterly disappointed.
Agreed. It would help put the mind at ease from curiosity.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Sakurai and his team will have to dig through millions of votes and suggestions and that will take a while.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I don't think they were going to wait until the end of the ballot to determine the winner, maybe they chose the DLC character(s) like a month ago or even before that, so they had time to work on the character(s) for they to be shown a few days or weeks after the end of the ballot

Top Bottom