• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why wasnt Dk's final smash Rambii?

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
That would have been 100x better, they really dropped the ball there, nostalgia value, and Rambii is just awesome.

Everyone knows DKC was the series's prime

Who else agrees Rambii would have been a better FS

Synister

Smash Rookie
totally agreed, honestly i was thinking about this earlier like maybe another item could be a crate that has either bambi, the ostrich, or the frog, and u get to ride them,
i thought it would be kinda retro

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
They probably wanna advertise those Donkey Konga games, I love DK as a character, and I hate this his FS is so stupid.

-He could have had Rambii.
-He could have had his Coconut Launcher.
-He could have called other Kongs (Tiny, Dixie, Funky, Lanky, Kiddy, Chunky, CRANKY!) similar to Pit's, although it would be weird with Diddy Kong out I guess. Or could have called his animal friends.

So far his FS looks weak, but that's not why I don't like it...it's just so stupid...his attack is playing the drums...WTF!

Thank God Diddy's FS isnt just him playing his guitar...(hoping for that as a taunt/victory pose though)

test-object

Smash Cadet
I like DKs Final Smash. I think every FS should demand some effort to perform damage instead of being an "Ice Climbers-like" one.

Rambi, Winky, Enguarde and Expresso would be great items or ATs, so everyone can use them.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Your jealous of ma Ice Climber's awsomeness. D:

I'm very sure, the Drum DK game on gamecube was unique maybe that's why. :O

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Donkey Kong Country >>> DK64

Well, I actually think it's safe to consider DK64 s being part of the DKC series. They had the same basic plot (Stop K. Rool for doing something nefarious to or on DK Island) something not shared with any of the newer Dk games, so I dunno if you can consider one better than the other, oh well.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
Yeah true, no use.

I wonder if as an AT he will be rideable though :/
I hope all the animal buddies come and you can ride it, very nostalgic.

oooooooh brain fart

what if in the sse in some of donkey kong levels you can ride rambi like in dkc and you use him to brake walls, that will be f*** awesome.:chuckle:

Edit: yay 100th post!

papajuice293

Smash Rookie
never heard of Rambii but it sounds great but i would rather stick wit the DK Drum Beats thingy!!!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Let's not knock DK's FS just yet. I too was disappointed it was the Bongos, but there is some potential. I don't think we've seen it executed as it should be.

When you think of possible AT's from the DK series, you immeidately think of Rambi. He would be a great AT, and I've been suggesting it for a while. I'm not sure about the idea of him being able to be ridden by a character, I'd much rather he just rampage recklessly.

Best possible DK AT without a doubt.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
Rambi for AT!!!!

But the main reason why he cant be in is because he was owned by rare, just like conker and banjo... But nintendo was allowed to keep diddy, then they could keep rambi too.

@ papajuice293:

^ the big ol' Rambilicious :D
He was in Bongo Blast so nintendo owns him. He was also DK's Cart in super mario kart DS.

All you people who are saying "Dont knock the bongos yet!1!" Read gimpyfish's impressinos. He says tis by far the worst, AND really, really lame.

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
rambii would be kool, ir maybe if donkey kongs final smash would be like..
infinite barrel drops.. like ud use it at the to of the stage, and roll a butt load
of barrels down. lol

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
From everything I've heard, DK's FS is awful and is so easy to avoid that the only valid reason to do it would be to keep others with more useful FSes from getting the smash ball.

From Gimpyfish's impressions, even when you time the beats just right, it still doesn't have enough range that players can't just stand away from you while you do it, even if you get the maximum range by playing the beat minigame, making the FS useless except as some kind of edge-guard.

Compared to the other FS, DKs is bad. HE seems the least changed out of the rest of the cast. THe others have gotten stronger and a few new moves, but DK is almost the same.

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the bongos might not be too bad it may not be something as useful LOOKINg as Mario's, Samus' and the likes but i think it's the most unique, and rambii was cool but another cool idea would've been the mine-carts because that was simply THE best level in DKC, but i don't know how they would work.

BTW does no one else see sonic's FS as an easy one to get away from sure he's even faster but i think it would be easy after a bit of practicing to dodge.

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Nice thread you have here. DK's FS could use some work, but I still think he's going to be a beast. And he's a starter too? Gonna enjoy fighting as him, as well all the characters in brawl. Who knows who's gonna show up. Hopefully, we can all find a place to trade wii codes. If you want to, please save me as a friend and leave me your wii code in a note. I'll reply with my code.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
From BrawlCentral report on WHOBBY 08:

'DK's Final Smash used correctly can take up 90% of a stage. His FS was originally thought to be ineffective.'

Lol at those who doubted DK's FS. Even though I don't like it that much, I knew it would be effective.

Top Bottom