• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why tier lists are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoutmain06

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post; trolling
Tier lists are made by so called "competive" smash players who play with 5% of the content. Would you really trust them over people who play the actual game?

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
This isn't GameFAQs. Take your trolling somewhere else, please.

Scoutmain06

Banned via Warnings
Inb4 dead thread...tier list is always going to exist cause some characters have better advantages than others but it's pretty circumstantial.
You dont play the actual game without items and all stages on, so you know nothing about the mechanics of the game

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
You dont play the actual game without items and all stages on, so you know nothing about the mechanics of the game
Uh huh right... yeah I don't play with items on but it doesn't take a genius to understand the mechanics of the game, also I do play on every stage.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Is this 2008?

The tier list only takes into account the competitive ruleset. Jank stages and items don't factor into this at all. Ergo, they are useful in that regard.

Outside of competitive tier lists lose importance due to the added random elements thrown into the mix. It can be a useful guide there of sorts, but it's a whole other ball game that it isn't really noticeable.

Last edited:

Scoutmain06

Banned via Warnings
Is this 2008?

The tier list only takes into account the competitive ruleset. Jank stages and items don't factor into this at all. Ergo, they are useful in that regard.

Outside of competitive tier lists lose importance due to the added random elements thrown into the mix. It can be a useful guide there of sorts, but it's a whole other ball game that it isn't really noticeable.
You are completely missing my point. When you play with only 5% of the content on, you dont know what the game is actually like so these "tier lists" make no sense

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
You are completely missing my point. When you play with only 5% of the content on, you dont know what the game is actually like so these "tier lists" make no sense
But I just explained to you that the tier lists are based off this "5% of the game" you speak of. That's where it matters.

It's clear you are trolling but I have to say it regardless.

Last edited:

Scoutmain06

Banned via Warnings
But I just explained to you that the tier lists are based off this "5% of the game" you speak of. That's where it matters.

It's clear you are trolling but I have to say it regardless.
I am not trolling at all. When you play the 5% version of smash(hate to call that smash), there is no skill and depth whatsoever. Its only final destination and a limited roster. The game is basically luck at that point, which is ironic since you say that things that make the game have skill are "luck" and "skill-less"

Dude. He literally posted this elsewhere. Don't feed the dude.
Yes I was trolling in that post to see how the "competive smash" community reacts

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Competitive play is a legitimate thing. Always has been, always will be. This thread has been closed, as it has no real thing to talk about. Please do not make threads to complain about things in itself. Make sure they also have a constructive topic to discuss. As the thread is only clearly here to hate on competitive play, it will not be allowed.

In addition, do not double post. Edit your messages instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom