• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why rest don't work in ground

MANUCHALACHUCHA

Smash Rookie
Hi every one i have a little proble in my hands, i have been trying to do a combo, by doing a dair and then rest, but i doesn't work. Why is that happening to me????:mad:

Puffinator

Smash Ace
dont do any aerials to rest when they are on the ground its too risky and half the time it doesnt work

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The only person I know that this can even work with is against Marth, and even so I think if they DI away during the drill you will miss. The reason why it can work against Marth is because when you drill into him his upper torso drops. I'm sure a few other characters do this as well but I recommend not using this technique as it has a very small chance of success.

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
dair rest was pretty good in ssb 64...
the main reason why it dosen´t work is that your opponent DI´s away
even if they don´t know what DI is ...

don´t relay on dair rest, it probably works ones or twice if your opponent
messes up , but after the 1st hit they will be prepared .

try dair to grab instead .

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
As a matter of fact, dair -> rest is quite possible in some circumstances, and it is easier on some characters than others.

In general what you want to watch for is that tumbling animation that you may notice sometimes happens when you dair them. I would suggest goign to training mode to figure out what % generally this starts to happen on a certain character. Your spacing and Lcanceling must be perfect though. Learn the size of Rest's hitbox. It's approximately the size of Jiggly's eye, right in the center.

The easiest character, by far, at least for me, to do this on is Mr. Game and Watch. He has a peculiar tumble that happens to generally put him in position to get rested. Aside from him, I find Samus, Marth, and Yoshi to also be pretty easy. In general the bigger they are the easier it will be.

I also suggest just going for the grab most of the time.

holywhack

Smash Apprentice
ya- what Hyuga said. U need to learn the hitbox. The imaginary circle around her eyes. for dair rest u need to l cancel... if you are a noob then u will never get this rest unless u L cancel. U tilt rest is the most reliable. Also nobody expects a weak fair rest which are really easy. U air rest are also very reliable on fast fallers and heavy non-floaty characters (unlike Samus). Rest are more accurate in the air because u have full use of the hitbox. U have to be more accurate if u want to rest on the ground because ull only be using 1/4 of the rest hitbox.

Top Bottom