• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why play Yoshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt 145

Smash Rookie
I just took a personality test found in the genral brawl descussion* (sorry for spelling) and it said that i should main yoshi. so i went serching through the fourmes. and i would like to get a list of pros and cons about yoshi. i searched it but to no results. I mean when i play youshi i suck with him. No offence to yoshi players but imo his moves kinda suck too but thats becuse i dont know how to play yoshi. So if you could get a pros and cons list or reasons to play please!

.Marik

is a social misfit
I got Wario.

The personality test is very inaccurate, and only makes broad assumptions based on generic questions that could mean anything.

Just because you got Yoshi, doesn't mean you actually play Yoshi.

That's what makes it hilarious to compare results with.

And Yoshi is a character with a very high learning-curve, he isn't easy to learn and master.

:082:

Bolt 145

Smash Rookie
I am sorry but I have played the game for like 3 years and i tried every person so i took the test and i never realy went deep in to yoshi so i poise the question again why play yoshi and what are his pros and cons?

.Marik

is a social misfit
I am sorry but I have played the game for like 3 years and i tried every person so i took the test and i never realy went deep in to yoshi so i poise the question again why play yoshi and what are his pros and cons?
Did you even read what I just typed up?

Doesn't mean Yoshi is your main. But, if you insist...

Yoshi is a character that relies on his unique gimmicks and playstyle to defeat opponents.

He has a horrible shield, first off. No OoS options, and he's pressured easily. Yoshi has a very special Chaingrabbing game, and it helps us out a lot. Unlike in Melee, Yoshi can now use Eggs to help him recover, but always Egg Throw>Jump to prevent gimps and spikes.

Yoshi has amazing AT's which you best learn, such as DR, ECE, and ETS.

If you want to learn more, look at the video on YouTube by Scatz. (I think?)

Anyways, Eggs help you out. Use them to bait, set up combos', and prevent yourself from being open to enemy attacks. Yoshi has a superior aerial game, all of his moves are pretty good and Uair is his best killing move, no questions asked.

If you want to learn more about Yoshi, please browse the Yoshi Boards. We have several threads here which are designed to help you learn about Yoshi's advancing metagame. Please lurk around and have a look at them. If you have anymore specific questions, please direct them to the Q&A Thread which is stickied.

:yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom