• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Pit's a sexy beast in Item Games

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
Since I haven't seen anything about this, I'm not sure if this has already been known for, or if it could be remotely useful, but I'm just gonna leave it out here.

When you play as Pit during an item game, Pit has a special sliding ability he can produce when throwing. Lets say Pit picks up a home-run bat. I play wii mote nunchuck, so when I want to throw something I usually press Z, A and the direction to throw an item. But I've let this slip before, and I dashed before pressing A and Z. This led to Pit sliding across FD and throwing the home-run bat. I tried it several more times to make sure it wasn't something I'd imagined.

After realizing I could produce the same results several times in a row, I tried to play around with this new ability. After sliding across the floor and throwing the bat, Pit acts as though he normally threw the bat without sliding, meaning that he was able to do any move afterwards.

Then I began testing other items, such as the beam sword, the capsule, hotheads, and other items I could possibly throw. I found out that it wasn't just home-run bats, but all throwing items in general (Exclude Blast Box. It's freakin heavy). I assumed that as long as the item was throwable, this could be done. What else can I try?

Since most people don't play with items in serious matches, I began to think how this could prove useful for Pit. First, I tried seeing if a few select characters had the same ability.

Diddy Kong seemed to have the same effect, but with a much smaller sliding effect.
Marth had a good sliding effect, just like Pit's.
Link and TL did not have a sliding effect.
Snake had a small sliding effect.

Diddy Kong, Link, TL, and Snake all have items they can throw.
Diddy - Banana Peel
Link/TL - Bomb
Snake - Grenade

I haven't necessarily tried to see if the effects would work with objects from other characters. I have though, tried a banana peel from the item list instead of Diddy's and the sliding was the same as any other item's. Because Snake and Diddy can produce the same effect, I am nearly certain that this effect can be used for the Banana Peel or Grenade. For the Bombs, I'm hoping that since they're also throwable the effect will be the same.

If this was helpful or new to anyone, awesome!
If not, I am sorry. :[

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I learned about that recently.
I thought Pit was good in item games because he uses his Mirror Shield to tell a Piplup to turn against its master for the KOs :laugh:

Top Bottom