• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Pit is High Tier

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Why Pit is High Tier

Pit is a character who goes underneath the radar for several reasons. Few people use him, because unless there’s something in the works right now, the Kid Icarus franchise is dead. He’s also fairly simple at first glance, and a first glance is all he’ll get because of the above reason. Lastly, he isn’t top tier, which is what separates him and Palutena. With that being said, I’ll present my argument for why Pit is a high tier, and not a mid or even low tier as certain competitive players place him to be.

Neutral
Strengths
  • Pit’s neutral is overall very solid, covering many different situations through the tools Pit possesses.
  • Pit’s initial dash is in the upper 3rd if the cast at 2.09. This makes it easier for him to punish and escape, which is essential to his playstyle
  • His tilts aren’t the greatest, but each serves a purpose for strengthening his neutral. Down Tilt is the best, a quick way to start combos or get opponents out of your space. Up tilt is an anti air with some combo potential, and forward tilt is a high damage kill move on the tipper.
  • His aerials are each vital tools, every one has a purpose which must be used. His Nair is a frame 4 burst option that is a way to quickly to punish aerial opponents. It shield stabs after meager amounts of shield pressure.His Bair is his safest move on shield, with great knockback at higher percent, a vital kill move on the neutral.
  • Pit’s Fair spaces out the opponent and is perhaps his most important aerial in the neutral. It can combo into itself or dash attack, and can cause 0 deaths offstage. It easily shield stabs as well.
  • Pit’s Uair is a standard juggling tool, it is more effective in the advantage than the neutral so it will be covered more in depth there.
  • Pit’s Dair is a combo extender and spike. It has kill confirms and can be double jumped out of a Short Hop, meaning you don’t have to hit the ground every time you use the move, making it less predictable and more useful in the neutral.
  • All of his aerials can be Auto Cancelled, many quite early
  • Pit has the overall fastest smash attack frame data in the entire game, complementing his punish playstyle
Weaknesses
  • Pit’s Nair has low priority in the air on the first few hits, making it easy to interrupt with any other aerial. Still great at catching aerials opponents, but not for contesting aerials. Anti Airing with Up Tilt it Up smash, Whiff punishing or using Fair or Bair are good work-arounds
  • Pretty slow air speed means aerial movement is limited, and further compounds the issue
  • Pit’s tilts aside from down tilt are not the most effective at their purposes, with Up Tilt’s combo potential being questionable and forward tilt being laggy and requiring precise spacing to hit the tipper
Advantage
Strengths
  • Pit’s advantage state is where he is the most powerful, due to a variety of factors
  • Pit’s grab game is top 10, due to his great grab frame data alongside his fast initial dash and solid grab combos
  • Pit’s Forward Throw is one of the strongest forward throws in the game, his down Throw is a great combo throw that combos as high as 80 on most characters, and combos into the 100s on heavies
  • Pit’s back Throw doesn’t have that much kill power or damage, but has very very little endlag, to the extent that it combos into dash attack at low percent. This is great for setting up for an edgegaurd or arrow gimp
  • Pit’s Up Throw doesn’t have anything too great bar its relatively high damage and juggle set ups
  • Pit is a great juggler due to the speed of his up smash alongside his initial dash speed, the utility of arrows to assist with juggling far above his head, and Uair Auto Cancelling the fastest and easiest out of all his aerials, making it great for baiting Air dodges and frame trapping opponents
  • His dash attack is a kill move which can catch landings with ease. If the opponent adapts it has enough time to shield his dash grab is great for catching landings as well.
  • Pit’s edgeguarding is top 10. His multiple double jumps alongside multihit aerials which combo into each other make him a menace offstage
  • Pit’s ledgetrapping is oppressive, due to how many options he can cover at once with Nair, everything else can be punished in reaction out of Pit’s dash dance near ledge. Short Hop Bair at ledge is another great option which grants higher reward or a kill on hit and let’s Pit punish roll easier. Fair is similar, but not quite as good.
Weaknesses
  • Pit’s kill power is somewhat lacking, and his kill confirms aren’t the best or most varied. In other words, being on top of your edgeguarding game is essential for this character.
Disadvantage
Strengths
  • Pit has several tools to help him in the disadvantage. Multiple double jumps and Guardian Orbitars help him land, and Dair is slightly disjointed
  • Offstage, all of Pit’s specials help him in getting back on. Due to his slower air speed, his side-Special is an option for horizontal recovery with semi-reliable super armor and a hitbox
  • His arrows stop the opponent from leaving the stage to edgegaurd, forcing them to shield. His down Special blocks edgegaurd attempts without the suicide air dodge. Finally, his Up Special goes amazingly high and can be mixed up in a variety of angles. Pit can also stall low offstage with his jumps against an opponent who tries to edgeguard him too early, forcing them to recover and deal with ledge grab lag.
  • Pit can drop down from ledge and Uair multiple times, guaranteeing a shield stab on someone who stays shielding. Also if they attempt to punish you because you have no invincibility, you can catch them off guard by hitting them
  • Pit’s Oos game is top 10. Second highest traction in the game means attacks on shield won’t push him back as much as other characters
  • Nair is a frame 7 Oos option factoring jump squat, high traction and great grab frame data give Pit one of the best shield grabs in the game. Pit’s Up Smash is the fastest up smash in the game, a frame 6 Oos option that can end games. Has small grounded range though. Pit’s Dair is decent for covering behind him, frame 13 factoring jumpsquat. Dropping shield gives Pit quick options as well, such as his frame 5 Jab and Down Smash, and even forward Smash due to the size of the disjoint. These will be slightly harder punishes though.
Weaknesses
  • Pit’s low air speed can be a problem at times, if you have your jumps this is mostly alleviated
  • Low end-lag attacks from the back of his shield are more of a problem, as the opponent may shield the Dair and certain characters can punish this. However, reading the shield and dropping your own and pivot/ dash grabbing, tomahawk grabbing, or exiting the situation via roll/dash are options.
  • Pit’s Up Special has no hitbox, which means an opponent can edgegaurd you without too much difficulty if you’re reckless with it, furthermore, landing on stage with it is a free punish. It’s very fast at its startup but slows down near the end meaning a shorter recovery is safer than a long distance one. Using the Up Special into the side of the stage and preparing to tech, using your jumps and arrows/side Special are all mix ups which can be used to prevent this, but it’s still a weakness.
Conclusion
Pit is a well balanced character underused due to more oppressive characters with lower skill curves existing, but more importantly his franchise resting in peace. All sorts of high tiers the same thing can be said about in regards to Snake, Lucina, Wolf and Olimar, but everyone is here in this game, and you use who you like best. If you want to win tournaments with Pit, or any high tier, it requires dedication, but it is possible. If you want to win as much as possible regardless of playstyle or character connections, use Olimar and Snake, and counterpicks to these characters. If you want to pick up Pit or try him out, he fits some people’s playstyle preferences and doesn’t sync with others, but overall I find him enjoyable to play, play against and watch.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
I still don't think I'd call him High Tier. You make really well thought out and well put points here.. but there's other characters that simply have / can do better. Thus Pit / Dark Pit is outranked and pushed down into the high end of mid-tier imo.

Also, I do feel you understate how much his problems can hurt him. Pit really doesn't get a ton of reward out of neutral wins and his recovery is extremely linear, not hard to 2-frame and he overall is pretty susceptible to edge guarding.

I don't feel you listed all of his weaknesses.

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
I still don't think I'd call him High Tier. You make really well thought out and well put points here.. but there's other characters that simply have / can do better. Thus Pit / Dark Pit is outranked and pushed down into the high end of mid-tier imo.

Also, I do feel you understate how much his problems can hurt him. Pit really doesn't get a ton of reward out of neutral wins and his recovery is extremely linear, not hard to 2-frame and he overall is pretty susceptible to edge guarding.

I stated at the end, there are more oppressive characters with lower skill curves. I never didn’t acknowledge that there are better characters out of there. However, not to the extent where Pit is mid tier. He can easily go toe to toe with other high tiers, such as the Links, Ness, Ike and Chrom. His gimping prowess in underrated. I’m not sure if you were a smash 4 player, but I feel sm4sh players judge Pit based on his abilities back then. There’s another thread here that documents Pit’s buffs in his transition to Ultimate. Pit’s safe gimping abilities with the Palutena Bow give him a unique niche making him pretty devastating against characters with exploitable recoveries. Pit was not designed to be a character with many problems. He was not designed to be an overly oppressive character either. As for the neutral wins thing, yes Pit gets rewarded for winning the neutral. I don’t know where it comes from that you say he doesn’t get rewards for winning the neutral. He does, just don’t look at it from an Olimar perspective. He reliably gets 20-30 percent from grabs even up to high percent. He has Nair-Fair-Dash Attack which deals ~35%. You can mix up his combos into dash grab to get an extra ~30% of if Down Throw, Dair, Nair. Once again, Pit was not designed to be a character with many weaknesses. I listed above certain ways his recovery can be mixed up, he doesn’t have to recover the same way every time. I honestly feel that players are quick to judge him before they take time to understand him. I don’t feel like you’ve had that many experiences with Pit players because they’re very rare. And if you faced those rare few, how likely would it be that you got one who had full control over his arrows and memorized auto cancel timings, drag down Nair timing, and has plenty of experience with his character against a variety of matchups? It was nice that you critiqued, but it was so short I didn’t feel much analysis actually went into it. The character I described does not seem to fit within top tier. Nor mid tier. Here’s an example match between a fairly skilled Lucina and SnapBack. Although Lucina is a staple top tier in the meta, Pit goes even in this matchup. Pit’s tools all come together to give him enough to go even with a large majority of the cast. He has no hard losing MU.

Last edited:

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
Listing options Pit has that are good and throwing out a set where human beings go toe to toe making human mistakes isn't a good indication of tier placement, we're not in a vacuum. I know that's been mentioned in regards to Pit in the thread where you linked this at, but it's all right. Pit is genuinely great at pretty much nothing outside some of his offstage game.. and even that still isn't top 5 or anything.

Though I'd go a little further and say Pit isn't even a 'Jack of all Trades' as was mentioned in said other thread, as there are a few areas where Pit does lack. As I mentioned, he has a very linear recovery that is extremely susceptible to edge guards and 2-frames, his neutral options aren't fantastic in every scenario (Pit doesn't tend to do great when faced with characters that have good space control / zoning or good rushdown / B&P ability) and his moves are subject to get beat out. He doesn't have the range other sword characters have.. and he also doesn't have top tier frame advantages on anything.

Pit / Dark Pit.. not bad. Not bad by any means, but calling them high tier is just a stretch when there's many examples of clearly better characters that get better / more consistent results across all MU's in this meta right now. You also can't inflate high tier too much by keeping 30 characters in it, otherwise the meaning of tiers is further lost / watered down.

I still place Pit at the top end of mid-tier.

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
Listing options Pit has that are good and throwing out a set where human beings go toe to toe making human mistakes isn't a good indication of tier placement, we're not in a vacuum. I know that's been mentioned in regards to Pit in the thread where you linked this at, but it's all right. Pit is genuinely great at pretty much nothing outside some of his offstage game.. and even that still isn't top 5 or anything.

Though I'd go a little further and say Pit isn't even a 'Jack of all Trades' as was mentioned in said other thread, as there are a few areas where Pit does lack. As I mentioned, he has a very linear recovery that is extremely susceptible to edge guards and 2-frames, his neutral options aren't fantastic in every scenario (Pit doesn't tend to do great when faced with characters that have good space control / zoning or good rushdown / B&P ability) and his moves are subject to get beat out. He doesn't have the range other sword characters have.. and he also doesn't have top tier frame advantages on anything.

Pit / Dark Pit.. not bad. Not bad by any means, but calling them high tier is just a stretch when there's many examples of clearly better characters that get better / more consistent results across all MU's in this meta right now. You also can't inflate high tier too much by keeping 30 characters in it, otherwise the meaning of tiers is further lost / watered down.

I still place Pit at the top end of mid-tier.
You have your viewpoint and I have mine. Yours comes from experience as an Olimar main in smash Ultimate and how he interacts with the rest of the cast. Mine comes from a Dark Pit main since sm4sh. From what you understand, Pit’s recovery is linear and easy to edgegaurd. From my understanding, his recovery is linear as in it moves in a straight line but has the unique trait of being able to move in a huge variety without the massive startup of Fox and Ridley.

Speaking of Fox, simply saying he’s easy to edgegaurd and has a linear recovery is a very simplified explanation of his overall viability. You can’t conclude based on those two things that Fox is mid tier. Which is what I see when you are so determined to go with what has been quickly decided by pros that Pit is mid tier. Except those Pros never used Pit. Except those Pros don’t face Pits. Which brings me to results. I explained why the character is under used. Results aren’t perfectly accurate for describing a character’s viability. They are influenced a lot by usage. When the game came out, Wolf was though of to be a mid tier. Sound familiar? After Genesis 6 with Zackray was when Wolf started picking up a lot in usage. If Zackray never picked up Wolf, where might he be now? Bottom high tier? Unfortunately for Pit, he doesn’t have representation, which is why he’s underrated. Same thing goes for Top Tier Greninja. Anyway, addressing your point, Pit’s recovery is linear but can be mixed up in a variety of ways through different angles, side Special, multiple jumps and arrows. Your statement made it sound like Pit was a fast faller with the regular amount of double jumps. His recovery does not get hard edgegaurded because he has many ways to differentiate his recovery from the last, and make it more unpredictable. His neutral option do not have to be fantastic in every scenario, that’s top tier material, they just have to be great in many scenarios. Pit can take on zoners just fine, in fact he has an even or slight advantage vs Snake, due to him being able to punish his landings quite well since it’s part of his design, him not really caring for Nikita or Snake edgegaurding at all, and DP can really chip snake when he’s handling grenades. As for rush down, the one most referred to is usually Fox, which is an even matchup due to how severe Pit can edgegaurd him. On stage Pit is at a disadvantage, except Pit’s lack of kill power is gone and quick kill options really shine, such as Dash Attack.

I don’t see Pit hard losing any matchups. He is at slight disadvantage for about 10-15, but the majority of his MU’s are even. Lastly, no offense, but the last point about high tier being inflated is honestly silly. If you took every character in the game out except for the top tiers, what would you be left with? There would be no top tier. There would be no mid or high tier. Everyone would be part of one tier. And in a perfectly balanced game, that would be the case. There can be 5 or 500 characters in each tier. It just depends on their viability. There is no such things as inflating a tier. If the character fits there, then so be it. If every low and mid tier was buffed, what would happen? Do you get my point? Your other points were arguable based on your experience and knowledge, but this last one isn’t. Anyway, learning a character is the best way to understand their viability. And that’s what I learned when I wanted to use Little Mac in Ultimate since I used him in sm4sh. I learned that Rosalina is a hard character to use in Ultimate, but I haven’t learned her and not many people use her so I cannot place her as low tier that quick. And I did discover strategies that improved her viability from others such as Lunar Landing and Attack Cancelling. She’s higher than I had originally believed. I don’t know where she’ll end up, but she’s better than I had assumed. And the same thing happened with Pit. The more I use him, the more I watch experienced players use him, I realize that he’s pretty good. Not amazing, but fairly good. I originally placed him as mid tier in my first tier list but gradually I discovered his strengths and solutions to what first seemed to be weaknesses.

Last edited:

IPipeYouDown

Smash Rookie
Why Pit is High Tier

Pit is a character who goes underneath the radar for several reasons. Few people use him, because unless there’s something in the works right now, the Kid Icarus franchise is dead. He’s also fairly simple at first glance, and a first glance is all he’ll get because of the above reason. Lastly, he isn’t top tier, which is what separates him and Palutena. With that being said, I’ll present my argument for why Pit is a high tier, and not a mid or even low tier as certain competitive players place him to be.

Neutral
Strengths

• Pit’s neutral is overall very solid, covering many different situations through the tools Pit possesses.
  • Pit’s initial dash is in the upper 3rd if the cast at 2.09. This makes it easier for him to punish and escape, which is essential to his playstyle
  • His tilts aren’t the greatest, but each serves a purpose for strengthening his neutral. Down Tilt is the best, a quick way to start combos or get opponents out of your space. Up tilt is an anti air with some combo potential, and forward tilt is a high damage kill move on the tipper.
  • His aerials are each vital tools, every one has a purpose which must be used. His Nair is a frame 4 burst option that is a way to quickly to punish aerial opponents. It shield stabs after meager amounts of shield pressure.His Bair is his safest move on shield, with great knockback at higher percent, a vital kill move on the neutral.
  • Pit’s Fair spaces out the opponent and is perhaps his most important aerial in the neutral. It can combo into itself or dash attack, and can cause 0 deaths offstage. It easily shield stabs as well.
  • Pit’s Uair is a standard juggling tool, it is more effective in the advantage than the neutral so it will be covered more in depth there.
  • Pit’s Dair is a combo extender and spike. It has kill confirms and can be double jumped out of a Short Hop, meaning you don’t have to hit the ground every time you use the move, making it less predictable and more useful in the neutral.
  • All of his aerials can be Auto Cancelled, many quite early
  • Pit has the overall fastest smash attack frame data in the entire game, complementing his punish playstyle
Weaknesses

• Pit’s Nair has low priority in the air on the first few hits, making it easy to interrupt with any other aerial. Still great at catching aerials opponents, but not for contesting aerials. Anti Airing with Up Tilt it Up smash, Whiff punishing or using Fair or Bair are good work-arounds
  • Pretty slow air speed means aerial movement is limited, and further compounds the issue
  • Pit’s tilts aside from down tilt are not the most effective at their purposes, with Up Tilt’s combo potential being questionable and forward tilt being laggy and requiring precise spacing to hit the tipper

Advantage
Strengths

• Pit’s advantage state is where he is the most powerful, due to a variety of factors
  • Pit’s grab game is top 10, due to his great grab frame data alongside his fast initial dash and solid grab combos
  • Pit’s Forward Throw is one of the strongest forward throws in the game, his down Throw is a great combo throw that combos as high as 80 on most characters, and combos into the 100s on heavies
  • Pit’s back Throw doesn’t have that much kill power or damage, but has very very little endlag, to the extent that it combos into dash attack at low percent. This is great for setting up for an edgegaurd or arrow gimp
  • Pit’s Up Throw doesn’t have anything too great bar its relatively high damage and juggle set ups
  • Pit is a great juggler due to the speed of his up smash alongside his initial dash speed, the utility of arrows to assist with juggling far above his head, and Uair Auto Cancelling the fastest and easiest out of all his aerials, making it great for baiting Air dodges and frame trapping opponents
  • His dash attack is a kill move which can catch landings with ease. If the opponent adapts it has enough time to shield his dash grab is great for catching landings as well.
  • Pit’s edgeguarding is top 10. His multiple double jumps alongside multihit aerials which combo into each other make him a menace offstage
  • Pit’s ledgetrapping is oppressive, due to how many options he can cover at once with Nair, everything else can be punished in reaction out of Pit’s dash dance near ledge. Short Hop Bair at ledge is another great option which grants higher reward or a kill on hit and let’s Pit punish roll easier. Fair is similar, but not quite as good.
Weaknesses

• Pit’s kill power is somewhat lacking, and his kill confirms aren’t the best or most varied. In other words, being on top of your edgeguarding game is essential for this character.

Disadvantage
Strengths

• Pit has several tools to help him in the disadvantage. Multiple double jumps and Guardian Orbitars help him land, and Dair is slightly disjointed
  • Offstage, all of Pit’s specials help him in getting back on. Due to his slower air speed, his side-Special is an option for horizontal recovery with semi-reliable super armor and a hitbox
  • His arrows stop the opponent from leaving the stage to edgegaurd, forcing them to shield. His down Special blocks edgegaurd attempts without the suicide air dodge. Finally, his Up Special goes amazingly high and can be mixed up in a variety of angles. Pit can also stall low offstage with his jumps against an opponent who tries to edgeguard him too early, forcing them to recover and deal with ledge grab lag.
  • Pit can drop down from ledge and Uair multiple times, guaranteeing a shield stab on someone who stays shielding. Also if they attempt to punish you because you have no invincibility, you can catch them off guard by hitting them
  • Pit’s Oos game is top 10. Second highest traction in the game means attacks on shield won’t push him back as much as other characters
  • Nair is a frame 7 Oos option factoring jump squat, high traction and great grab frame data give Pit one of the best shield grabs in the game. Pit’s Up Smash is the fastest up smash in the game, a frame 6 Oos option that can end games. Has small grounded range though. Pit’s Dair is decent for covering behind him, frame 13 factoring jumpsquat. Dropping shield gives Pit quick options as well, such as his frame 5 Jab and Down Smash, and even forward Smash due to the size of the disjoint. These will be slightly harder punishes though.
Weaknesses

• Pit’s low air speed can be a problem at times, if you have your jumps this is mostly alleviated
  • Low end-lag attacks from the back of his shield are more of a problem, as the opponent may shield the Dair and certain characters can punish this. However, reading the shield and dropping your own and pivot/ dash grabbing, tomahawk grabbing, or exiting the situation via roll/dash are options.
  • Pit’s Up Special has no hitbox, which means an opponent can edgegaurd you without too much difficulty if you’re reckless with it, furthermore, landing on stage with it is a free punish. It’s very fast at its startup but slows down near the end meaning a shorter recovery is safer than a long distance one. Using the Up Special into the side of the stage and preparing to tech, using your jumps and arrows/side Special are all mix ups which can be used to prevent this, but it’s still a weakness.

Conclusion
Pit is a well balanced character underused due to more oppressive characters with lower skill curves existing, but more importantly his franchise resting in peace. All sorts of high tiers the same thing can be said about in regards to Snake, Lucina, Wolf and Olimar, but everyone is here in this game, and you use who you like best. If you want to win tournaments with Pit, or any high tier, it requires dedication, but it is possible. If you want to win as much as possible regardless of playstyle or character connections, use Olimar and Snake, and counterpicks to these characters. If you want to pick up Pit or try him out, he fits some people’s playstyle preferences and doesn’t sync with others, but overall I find him enjoyable to play, play against and watch.
This is the greatest and most accurate explanation ever. I'm a Dark Pit main and I approve this post

AndrewtheAmericanDude

Smash Cadet
I personally don't see Pit's recovery as a problem but I don't think he's high tier. He just gets beat out too easily and even outspaced to an extent. You have to be careful with your whiff punishes compared to other characters who can just focus more on spacing. Unlike the last game, his reward is functional and u can take stocks if u play well but it's kinda weak. Also the biggest thing to me is his slow airspeed, it hurts, limits your mobility a lot more than other characters, we have to play a bit more intentionally.

All in all, Pit is a decent package, but barring a few moves, u will find a lot his moves are worse versions of what others have. And his specialized style involving multijumps is mitigated by his slow airspeed, something I'm hoping they reconsider. But yeah he's fine he just doesn't give as much instant reward. I don't even think his edgeguaring is super good due to his slow jump height. It takes conditioning to make them not want to prefer them navigating around u because of that.

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't see Pit's recovery as a problem but I don't think he's high tier. He just gets beat out too easily and even outspaced to an extent. You have to be careful with your whiff punishes compared to other characters who can just focus more on spacing. Unlike the last game, his reward is functional and u can take stocks if u play well but it's kinda weak. Also the biggest thing to me is his slow airspeed, it hurts, limits your mobility a lot more than other characters, we have to play a bit more intentionally.
We have to play more intentionally. Limits your mobility. It’s kinda weak. You have to be careful with your whiff punishes. < All this I think is a skill barrier. As in not reaching the skill curve where this isn’t a struggle. To succeed with Pit you don’t just click buttons.

Last edited:

AndrewtheAmericanDude

Smash Cadet
We have to play more intentionally. Limits your mobility. It’s kinda weak. You have to be careful with your whiff punishes. < All this I think is a skill barrier. As in not reaching the skill curve where this isn’t a struggle. To succeed with Pit you don’t just click buttons.
I do appreciate Pit reference videos and I dont disagree that that's a skill barrier, but thats the thing, a lot of characters dont have that barrier. They can throw out a huge aerial with a lot more disregard and are generally a lot safer than we are. And with the air speed they can potentially let out more aerials in a short burst than us. In Ultimate this difference isnt a huge deal but it's there imo.

Vistra31

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vistra9000
3DS FC
4038-6222-6181
Switch FC
SW-2087-0604-7226

His recovery linear!?! That's the biggest Kid Icarus Uprising joke in the book. You can recover from any angle from almost any distance from Up B alone as long as it isn't down in which case you can recover high and air dodge. If you recover low on certain stages you can change the speed of your recovery by angling it differently.

Pit's good at mixups and offstage. His weakness is he's light and doesn't hit as hard. He's got some decent combos and requires more control than some characters. His options for the most part are very safe with the exception of a special move and usmash. He may struggle to kill heavy characters but he has a plethora of defensive options like jump and reliable kill options like dair usmash/fsmash and nair fsmash.

Top Bottom