• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why omnigay fails?

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday i was on a tournament match and i tried doing a omnigay but i was the one who died.

snake had port 1 and i had the port 4. snakes had 3 stock and like 100% and had 2 stocks with like 22% (or 2 stocks even i dont remember wll) when i grabbed him with the nade in hand and used upthrow the nade exploded almost reaching to the top but instead of snake die i died and made me lose the match.

i dont understand why it happened if i was port 4. stage was in smash ville.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There are a bunch of theories of why it can fail, they go from grenade positions, timing of the explosion (not high enough to kill both) or even that the "technique" working at random.

I wouldn't trust it anyway, unless it's a team, well-practiced and choreographed attack.

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
I've been amused by this technique for a while now, and I've tried this technique with my team partner for a few years now at tournaments we've entered. His main s snake, and mine in doubles is meta knight, it just fitted so well for us to try it out.

We tried it on wifi whenever we could and in offline friendlies whenever we could. In a summer tourney 2012 we tried it for the first time, and succeeded like two times and where both me and the grab victim died the third time. 3 months later and another tourney we failed miserably.. and the christmas same year we lost a set due to the failure. First in summer 2013 we finally felt really confident in the technique - we did 7 omnigays on the same team with no mishaps (the one placing 2nd, we placed 1st) in the same tourney, and in every friendly I've had since then and tried it out I have never failed, so I think it's more than randomess about it.
I'm not sure exactly what the secret omnigay rule is, but while mk is grabbing and stays for a moment at the apex of his uthrow... THAT moment is when omnigay never failed me. If it's been too early or too late, **** has happened.
Kind of a vague answer from me, but hey. It's been working so far.

Top Bottom