• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why not have the Melee Battlefield accurate?

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
So can we have the Melee Battlefield more accurate to its Melee counterpart? Right now it is simply a re-skin of the PM Battlefield. Why have Melee Battlefield when it isn't actually Melee Battlefield? The stages underbelly and blast zones are different than Melees for one. They may be more differences aside from updated graphics, can anyone elaborate? I am just saying it will be more nostalgic and feel like a different stage if it were correct. Am I wrong or am I right? What does the rest of the community think?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Take the nostalgia goggles off and enjoy the stage. It's purposely a reskin with the same boundaries and collisions so that tourneys can use either stage interchangeably without people ******** about bans / strikes for the alt.

It's the aesthetic that makes the stage, not "I live slightly longer and have to sweetspot the ledges perfectly in order to not die."

Last edited:

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Project M/Smash isn't all about tourneys you know. What happened to messing around with Smash and having fun? Is Pokemon Stadium still tourney legal? If so Its different than Pokemon Stadium 2 and they share a slot. Great gameplay and more content, whats wrong with that? Do we want to cripple more diversity for the sake of tourneys? It isn't all about nostalgia either maybe people liked the Melee blastzones better.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee's ledges isn't exactly my idea of "fun"

Blastzones are the same in both versions, as are platform heights, lengths, etc. PM Battlefield has matched Melee's in all aspects except ledge for quite some time now.

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Having spikes on the underside with no collision data was stupid anyways. PM version best version. imo the brawl version should be the alt that is accessed by holding L.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Melee's ledges isn't exactly my idea of "fun"

Blastzones are the same in both versions, as are platform heights, lengths, etc. PM Battlefield has matched Melee's in all aspects except ledge for quite some time now.
Falco can't edgecancel SIde B in PM on the lower plats like the way he can in Melee. In Melee you have to run off the platform and then Side B, in PM you have to be on the teeter part of the platform

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That's a discrepancy with how Falco's SideB functions, not BF's platforms.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Falco can't edgecancel SIde B in PM on the lower plats like the way he can in Melee. In Melee you have to run off the platform and then Side B, in PM you have to be on the teeter part of the platform
you can actually still do this by b-reversing the side-b, tho it will force you to slide off immediately after the cancel. not sure why this works tho

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Having spikes on the underside with no collision data was stupid anyways. PM version best version. imo the brawl version should be the alt that is accessed by holding L.
Wait, is there a difference between Brawl BF and PM BF, like visual differences?

Project M/Smash isn't all about tourneys you know. What happened to messing around with Smash and having fun? Is Pokemon Stadium still tourney legal? If so Its different than Pokemon Stadium 2 and they share a slot. Great gameplay and more content, whats wrong with that? Do we want to cripple more diversity for the sake of tourneys? It isn't all about nostalgia either maybe people liked the Melee blastzones better.
The only differences, iirc, are just the ledges, and being that Melee's ledges aren't fun, they were removed. Those that do like it are probably in the minority. Most either prefer the PM/Brawl version or don't care, which in other words means keep the PM/Brawl version.

Kati

Smash Lord
Wait, is there a difference between Brawl BF and PM BF, like visual differences?
PM's battlefield is thinner than vbrawl's, has higher platforms, and has a more refined lighting.

The spikes I mentioned were in regards to melee's battlefield.

Kati

Smash Lord
Pretty sure PM BF platforms match Melee's
"PM's battlefield is thinner than vbrawl's, has higher platforms ****[than vbrawl]***, and has a more refined lighting (toning down the red sunset stuff from vbrawl)."

sry if that was unclear : p

Narpas_sword

"PM's battlefield is thinner than vbrawl's, has higher platforms ****[than vbrawl]***, and has a more refined lighting (toning down the red sunset stuff from vbrawl)."

sry if that was unclear : p
My mistake. "was having a similar conversation on skype at the same time" johns.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Project M/Smash isn't all about tourneys you know. What happened to messing around with Smash and having fun?
Did you not notice all of the Brawl stages we added back? Perhaps maybe all of the casual stages we've been making/revamping?

Is Pokemon Stadium still tourney legal? If so Its different than Pokemon Stadium 2 and they share a slot.
No, those two are very obviously different stages. There's no ambiguity here to confuse people.

Great gameplay and more content, whats wrong with that? Do we want to cripple more diversity for the sake of tourneys? It isn't all about nostalgia either maybe people liked the Melee blastzones better.
So what if some people preferred Melee's ledges? Most people didn't like them. If you really want the melee version, add it to your build yourself. I honestly find it kinda silly that you're complaining about this. With the alternate stage loader, we now have more diversity in our stages than any "official" smash game. We're not crippling or sacrificing anything here.

Last edited:

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Well I love that you brought a bunch of stages back for Sure I just hope you bring back some more Melee stages as well. Keep up the good work.

I guess I agree with Kati. If The Melee Version of Battlefield were the main stage then Brawls version could be the L accessed stage with the Brawl Platform heights and blast zones. Then it would actually be different besides cosmetics.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We do not want them to be different besides cosmetics.

Top Bottom