• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why must you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Why must you all hate on Brawl? While it is true that Brawl is a little slower than Melee, this is why Brawl sucks? *tsk* Shallow in my opinion. Or is it because Fox isn't OP anymore? He's still pretty good in the game, so quit whining! And as for Marth, he's STILL pretty good, too! He's higher than Fox on the tier list (like that matters anyway lol)! And Subspace Emissary...that...that was amazing in my opinion. The deep story and the action...

That aside, STOP WITH THIS BRAWL HATE! Damn! I can't go around with hearing "brawl sucks lol melee or gtfo" on the Internet!* Just stop, please...

*I know it's the Internet. Calm down.

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957

I'm just kidding. I love Brawl, but as a competitive game it doesn't quite match up with melee or *shiver* Smash 4. However, Brawl had great stages and characters and did have a competitive scene for a few years.

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Kind of a baity thread...
Anyway, I love Brawl just as much as the other Smash games. Game speed aside, it had many of it's own challenging aspects that transfer well into Smash 4. Unfortunately, what killed my drive to compete in Brawl was the random tripping mechanic. When I lose, I prefer to be outplayed, not trip over nothing and eat a free forward smash instead of shielding.
The cast was great in Brawl, and Subspace was okay. Great story, but too repetitive. Tier lists are not my main concern, as having a good time is always #1 for me. (Although I'm happy that Mario is actually good now).

Don't let haters get to you, man. Everyone has their own opinions, and that's okay. If you enjoy the game, then play it and have a darn good time doing it. :)

Last edited:

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Because Brawl attracts people who are colorblind and can't tell that solid blue makes their post unreadable on seven of Smashboard's themes.

D

Deleted member

Aye, Smash 4 ain't bad either...

I'm just kidding. I love Brawl, but as a competitive game it doesn't quite match up with melee or *shiver* Smash 4. However, Brawl had great stages and characters and did have a competitive scene for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom