• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why main the same char?

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
i main marth in melee but in brawl i main pit and metaknight.

and its just a question.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Because I absolutely love Peach? I mean... I MIGHT change my main, I did from 64 to Melee, but only after a few months of adjusting to different characters. I'll try to main Peach at first, but if she ceases to fit my play style, I'll main a different character.

ROFLs

Smash Cadet
I will still stick to my old favorites, but I just can't resist trying out all these new characters. =D

I will most likely end up with 3 main characters to choose from like I had in Melee.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I dont get why you would want to main the same char,
i main marth in melee but in brawl i main pit and metaknight.
Extreme fail detected.

Why NOT use the same character? If you liked a character then, why would you stop liking that character now?

Please don't try to dictate how the game should be played.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Maining the same character...
Maining a different character...
Maining every character...

As long as you're not doing what people tell you SHOULD be doing, what's the difference? Do what you want and leave other people alone.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I mained Link/Marth in Melee, in 64 i mained Luigi. I will probably be changing to SOnic/Poke'mon Tariner for Brawl, they were my favorite video game characters when i was little.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
it's a nintendo all-star game. obviously i'm maining a character because i like the character.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
I play every character and get good at every character so i can beat my friends with everyone, then they get mad

pesticide

Smash Lord
maining the same char for a while instead of playing as different chars gives u more experience and time to work on your mindgames w/ that char

but, in brawl, i will be maining diddy and olimar

bananas and pikmin mindgames FTW

S2

Smash Lord
Because people have favorite characters outside of Smash.

I'm a massive Zelda (series) fan and I love Zelda/Sheik as a character. I'm going to play her because I like her.

That being said, I really enjoy playing as both Olimar and PT - so who knows. I'm not going to pick a main until I've had more time with the game.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Because people have favorite characters outside of Smash.

I'm a massive Zelda (series) fan and I love Zelda/Sheik as a character. I'm going to play her because I like her.

That being said, I really enjoy playing as both Olimar and PT - so who knows. I'm not going to pick a main until I've had more time with the game.

thats kind of what i want peple to say I want to know WHY they are maining the same char.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Yes i dont see why not eather whats the diference if you main the same char?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Choose Sheik back in the day because I thought she was the best character in the game

I remain with Sheik because I want her to be the best character in the game.

That's why.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Thats all i was asking jeez
You didn't need to post another thread though...

You came across like just another one of those haughty casual players who says they hate people for using high tier characters.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
i will play many characters i will not main just one character i will get great with many and have lots of fun woot.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Because knowing is half the battle.
G. I. JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE!

I plan to test all the characters. Initially sticking to my old main (Link) to test the game out, but gradually spreading out until I find something that fits my style better (like I am probably switching to Toon Link and so on).

But most of the characters I am still playing (Link, Ganondorf, Zelda and Marth) are simply because I like those characters. But I am adding many new characters (and ones I didn't play in Melee) to who I plan to try out.

Top Bottom