• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is this computer error message constantly popping up?

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
I asked this question on Yahoo Answers:

"The title of the error message is RunDLL. It says:

Error loading C:\(concealed for privacy)\axakigej.dll
The specified module could not be found.

It won't stop popping up and started happening sometime after the April 1st thing. I didn't think i had the virus cause i had McAfee running and after the 1st, there didn't seem to be a problem. But now, the error message won't stop popping up. I've also scanned the computer with McAfee a couple times and it doesn't find any problems. What should I do and how should i resolve this error? Any help would be appreciated. :)"

So I asked this question and gave a little more detail and got a pretty good answer:

"Error Window alerts you when a module, data or file is missing on the system or the program you are currently using.

In your case, axakigej.dll is missing, it is possible that it was deleted by your anti virus if it was damaged by a certain virus. And when that file is deleted your anti virus will now immediately consider that there are no problem or virus running since the file was already deleted.

This problem is usual since viruses now a days are capable of hiding as .exe or .dll files. Anti Viruses can't determine if the .exe or .dll is a necessary file or the virus itself. All they can notice is where and how these file affect the system. Thus, when they notice that this certain file is loading or causing a problem most of anti viruses will automatically delete the file before it damage more of the program files or system files."

So I found out why it pops up. The only problem is, I don't know what to do about. It constantly pops up even if has already popped up once. If i leave the computer for a while, I could literally see 20 windows with the exact same message. It disrupts my activites on the computer, whether it be playing a game in full view (where the screen returns to the desktop), or doing homework for school or something. Its really annoying and i need a way to stop it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

P.S. Sorry for long post.

flaco

The Terminator
try to do a system restore before April 1 and see if it works now let me know what happens keep me posted

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Problem solved. I figured it out on my own. I just used Windows Defender, don't know why I didn't do that earlier, and scanned it and it found a trojan. I deleted it and there were no more pop-ups/error reports. But thanks to you Kirby King, I found out it wasn't a missing file of the computer's, it was of the Trojan's, and i found a great and reliable site. Thanks for helping guys!

Top Bottom