• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Why is puff so bad

MrSour

Smash Rookie
I’ve seen jigglypuff on the bottom of every smash 4 tier list. I wonder why? She has very good jab lock combos, setting up into sing. At lower percent you can get a throw into rest, or a read or a rollout. At mid-high percent just rest. Jab locks are a big part of smash 4 it seems. Also she has very spammable retreating aerials to piss off your opponent while slowly adding damage. Why is she so bad?

MercuryPenny

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MemorialDime
swordies and rosa exist mainly, but puff's kill power is super inconsistent and largely relies on rest reads. most of her locks are percent dependent and her actual jab 1 doesn't lock, which kinda blows because being able to lock with jab would allow for much easier and more consistent rest confirms. being the lightest character in the game when there's a lot of multihit 0% kill jank is pretty bad too.

i do definitely think dedede is worse though, puff does have pretty decent frame data overall and an ok out-of-shield option or two. puff's also surprisingly tough to combo just because her physics are so outside the norm. but overall i'd still say she's bottom 5

Top Bottom