• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is my For Glory like this?

cheezwhizluis

Smash Rookie
It's become way too apparent that I can pass it as just "connection problems" or just online players being online players These always happen in 1-on-1, ALL THE TIME.

1. Whenever I enter a 1-on-1 battle, there's almost always no one there. When I wait and someone enters, they leave immediately.

2. When I DO enter with someone in it, most of the time they leave immediately.

3. When they DON'T leave and we DO have a match, mostly after just 1 battle, they leave. I can still have more than 2 matches with the same player but the 1 match thing is always common.

4. Now I'm a decent casual player. I win some matches, I lose some matches. I don't know all the technicalities of the game nor can I always read my opponent's moves, but since these things started happening, I've been almost always losing matches. I rarely win anymore. I keep getting read, I keep getting punished. My opponents somehow seem to dodge, spotdodge, shield all my smash attacks and also seem to know when's the right time to attack me, all at the right moment. I know all of these happen when there's really good players but you don't encounter them all the time, right? In my case I encounter them ALL THE TIME. It's clear that my play-style hasn't changed at all because I've been winning with the same style, but this time I rarely do anymore. I don't encounter players that I can handle anymore. Am I fighting bots or something?

5. I noticed sometimes too that I've been encountering the same players whether in the same play session or in a different play session in a different time. This is the whole world right? How could I encounter someone a second time? Sometimes I even encounter them again straight after I leave to enter another 1-on-1 battle or I wait for another player to enter. That's never occurred to me before all this stuff happened. And they're almost always Japanese players.
What the heck is happening? It's all too weird for me to not notice something's amiss. It's basically made For Glory for me almost unplayable. I'm on 3DS by the way.

Last edited:

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
There is another thread with the same issue, here: http://smashboards.com/threads/why-am-i-keep-playing-against-the-same-people.404378/

The consensus is that somehow you got on the Reported list on the Nintendo servers, and so for a while you'll have a limited number of opponents available. (Everyone on the Reported list is on their own set of connection servers, so they are segregated from everyone else. Much like how some MOBAs work.) It sucks, but you'll have to wait out the 'sentence' until it's finished.

Mind you, this could be because you did something actively wrong, or because someone salt reported you and while something innocent you were doing looked suspicious. I don't know your situation, only that what you've described sounds exactly like being on the black list.

Last edited:

cheezwhizluis

Smash Rookie
There is another thread with the same issue, here: http://smashboards.com/threads/why-am-i-keep-playing-against-the-same-people.404378/

The consensus is that somehow you got on the Reported list on the Nintendo servers, and so for a while you'll have a limited number of opponents available. (Everyone on the Reported list is on their own set of connection servers, so they are segregated from everyone else. Much like how some MOBAs work.) It sucks, but you'll have to wait out the 'sentence' until it's finished.

Mind you, this could be because you did something actively wrong, or because someone salt reported you and while something innocent you were doing looked suspicious. I don't know your situation, only that what you've described sounds exactly like being on the black list.
That's what I thought too. But really, I haven't done anything wrong. I just play normally like any normal online player. I taunt sometimes but not all the time. And my playstyle's really aggressive but I don't spam. I didn't find those to be blacklist or report-worthy to be honest. I wonder how and why exactly did I get "reported" for something.

But anyway, thanks. What you said mostly cleared up my suspicions. How long does this 'sentence' last anyway, if you might know?

Last edited:

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
I really don't know, unfortunately. You maybe able to get a good educated guess by checking some of the posts in the thread when the same person reported their listing compared to when they mentioned things went back to normal.

And your general playstyle could be honorable, but even honorable actions can look terrible when taken out of context. A salty player could spin a report painting you the bad guy just as likely as you making actual fair game mistakes. Hell, you could have played a For Fun match that had 2 taunt party members, and the 3rd person that wasn't just reported everyone not them. The disadvantage of a witness based report system is that some times, the witness gets it wrong.

cheezwhizluis

Smash Rookie
I really don't know, unfortunately. You maybe able to get a good educated guess by checking some of the posts in the thread when the same person reported their listing compared to when they mentioned things went back to normal.

And your general playstyle could be honorable, but even honorable actions can look terrible when taken out of context. A salty player could spin a report painting you the bad guy just as likely as you making actual fair game mistakes. Hell, you could have played a For Fun match that had 2 taunt party members, and the 3rd person that wasn't just reported everyone not them. The disadvantage of a witness based report system is that some times, the witness gets it wrong.
I see. That's a shame. That's just stupid that you can get reported for something that's not even true and can't defend yourself for it but oh well, nothing can be done about that. Anyway, thanks again, dude.

fehector

Smash Cadet
I feel your pain sweetie. The same thing happened to me. I play duck hunt and over 75 % of the time they cant even hit me. and i win over 85 % of my games with him. Someone reported me without a second thought, just as a payback because i won maybe 7 or 10 times in a row vs them. Now i encounter only some players and have to wait 10 minutes, because i was...to good? This night i didnt find a single player and i asked myself: "did everyone stopped playing the game" "maybe the peer to peer connection is broken because i played with the ports"

Oh no, just some bad losers. Now i really dont regret taunting every game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I feel your pain sweetie. The same thing happened to me. I play duck hunt and over 75 % of the time they cant even hit me. and i win over 85 % of my games with him. Someone reported me without a second thought, just as a payback because i won maybe 7 or 10 times in a row vs them. Now i encounter only some players and have to wait 10 minutes, because i was...to good? This night i didnt find a single player and i asked myself: "did everyone stopped playing the game" "maybe the peer to peer connection is broken because i played with the ports"

Oh no, just some bad losers. Now i really dont regret taunting every game.
Is Duck Hunt actually good? Like spamming aside?
Never been him...his UpAir seems good....
Your litreally playing one of the most despised/hated characters..you do know that right.
He is definetly top 3 most hated.
With Sonic and Rosalina.
Diddy not far of either.

fehector

Smash Cadet
Yes he is good. as long as you keep summoning the cowboys and thowing projectiles, u will win against players on your own level and higher skilled players also (thats an advantage for the records u dont get that easy). The key is the can, u always have to be near it. It is like ice climbers nana. In the distance he has a higher prority then most other spammers. For example samus and link cant keep up, and that sais something. why is that? Because the fire mans are also used as defense wall. at the same time u are controling the can. and if the player trys to jumo u can f+air him. also u can use the can in the air to waste his air dodge and then punish him with the strong up air, that goes long. When enemies jump over my can i run to the oder side (i run i dont dodge), so it can back me up, again never give the can up. Or i hit it so it flies the other way. The fresbee is fantastic after arriving at the back of the enemie or az the very distance. But has sadly a very big ending lag, so use it wise.everything i do is either to make the space biger between me and him or to finish him off.

I also play melee and can keep up with good players in this area, but most of the players are not worth this effort. Things are like they are. If the enemie cant reach me there is no need. It isnt like i invented it, since my very first games i encounter spamming, links, samuis and laser shooting foxis.

yes Duck hunts are annoying. But thats the point about his very existence. beeing a troll in every possible way, even the taunt i use is the pure reason why he even made it in this game. And o gosh, no one was more happy then me when he was leaked, also was he the first mounted unit (something i expected rather to see from a fire emblem charakter) and an normal animal or lets say two animals, thats so freaking amazing.

I taunt also when someone spikes me and i can laugh about it. and i tell myself "wow he is good"

Sonic suffers from a very poor moveset. spinning here, spinning there and it hurts the ears, similar to the tool of the dentist. i can confirm that he is one of the worst mathups for duck hunt also.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yes he is good. as long as you keep summoning the cowboys and thowing projectiles, u will win against players on your own level and higher skilled players also (thats an advantage for the records u dont get that easy). The key is the can, u always have to be near it. It is like ice climbers nana. In the distance he has a higher prority then most other spammers. For example samus and link cant keep up, and that sais something. why is that? Because the fire mans are also used as defense wall. at the same time u are controling the can. and if the player trys to jumo u can f+air him. also u can use the can in the air to waste his air dodge and then punish him with the strong up air, that goes long. When enemies jump over my can i run to the oder side (i run i dont dodge), so it can back me up, again never give the can up. Or i hit it so it flies the other way. The fresbee is fantastic after arriving at the back of the enemie or az the very distance. But has sadly a very big ending lag, so use it wise.everything i do is either to make the space biger between me and him or to finish him off.

I also play melee and can keep up with good players in this area, but most of the players are not worth this effort. Things are like they are. If the enemie cant reach me there is no need. It isnt like i invented it, since my very first games i encounter spamming, links, samuis and laser shooting foxis.

yes Duck hunts are annoying. But thats the point about his very existence. beeing a troll in every possible way, even the taunt i use is the pure reason why he even made it in this game. And o gosh, no one was more happy then me when he was leaked, also was he the first mounted unit (something i expected rather to see from a fire emblem charakter) and an normal animal or lets say two animals, thats so freaking amazing.

I taunt also when someone spikes me and i can laugh about it. and i tell myself "wow he is good"

Sonic suffers from a very poor moveset. spinning here, spinning there and it hurts the ears, similar to the tool of the dentist. i can confirm that he is one of the worst mathups for duck hunt also.
I wish we got any other retro char tbh...duck hunt is just a troll char....

Top Bottom