• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Mewtwo not in Brawl: A Green Kirby OVER 9000 Story

Greenkirby9000

Smash Rookie
Hi, you probily dont know me. I'm Green Kirby OVER 9000!!!!!! and I'm hear to tell you why Mewtwo is not in brawl. Mewtwo is a pretty cool character in Pokemon and even cooler in Melee. He had some of the most powerful attacks in the game. Even though there were problems with him being to light, he still was awesome. So why diden't he make in brawl? Well, there are a few reasons.

1: Lame Character/Non Fan Favorite
Even with his massive attacks and good mix and speed and strangth, he still was a VERY bad tier. Mainly because he was oddly too light. This problem was made because he levitated off the ground. He also was oddly not a fan favorite for this reason.
Salution: MAKE HIM BETTER!!!
They could have just of made him NOT levitate off the ground. Plus, make his moves more powerful. But i guess that was too much to ask for.

2: Replaced
Sadly, because of the reason abuve, they replaced him with Lucario, who is kind of better. Many people say that Lucario is Mewtwo, but in fur.
Salution: Don't Replace Him in the First Place!
You could of dun the same thing with with Mewtwo! He was not a clone!

Thous are just a few reasons. If you have any more reasons you would like to tell me, wright it down ballow. Thanks for reading.:)

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Actually mewtwo was meant to be in the game, but was one of the last characters the got around to, and because of time constraints he was scrapped

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I don't know I think Lucario replaced him.
In reality it was Sonic who replaced Mewtwo, due to Nintendo begging Sega to include Sonic so they can please the Sonic fanbase, but Sega refused, till the last minute (this was back when Sega was run by a bunch of douches who didn't care about their fanbase at the time they were coming off their worst made game ever (Sonic 06 although it would have been a great game had Sega not been impatient with both trying to get the game out before Sonic's 15th anniversary year ended and trying to get it on all 3 platforms (Wii version was considered but scrapped since it would have been forced to be released in 2007, something that Sega didn't want to happen), had Sega listened right off the bat and brought in Sonic as Nintendo demanded we would have both Lucario & Mewtwo in Brawl & to a lesser extent Roy from FE would have also returned (he has even lesser data than Mewtwo).

They ran out of time to include Mewtwo due to Sonic's late inclusion they also would have lost Lucario as well had Sega not budged since that would have forced even more delays (just as they were starting on Roy's development, which is why Roy has lesser info than Mewtwo, since Mewtwo's model was just about finished before the game finally hit stores.)

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
In reality it was Sonic who replaced Mewtwo, due to Nintendo begging Sega to include Sonic so they can please the Sonic fanbase, but Sega refused, till the last minute (this was back when Sega was run by a bunch of douches who didn't care about their fanbase at the time they were coming off their worst made game ever (Sonic 06 although it would have been a great game had Sega not been impatient with both trying to get the game out before Sonic's 15th anniversary year ended and trying to get it on all 3 platforms (Wii version was considered but scrapped since it would have been forced to be released in 2007, something that Sega didn't want to happen), had Sega listened right off the bat and brought in Sonic as Nintendo demanded we would have both Lucario & Mewtwo in Brawl & to a lesser extent Roy from FE would have also returned (he has even lesser data than Mewtwo).

They ran out of time to include Mewtwo due to Sonic's late inclusion they also would have lost Lucario as well had Sega not budged since that would have forced even more delays (just as they were starting on Roy's development, which is why Roy has lesser info than Mewtwo, since Mewtwo's model was just about finished before the game finally hit stores.)
Good Point

Top Bottom