• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Marth's double F-air off of a shorthop nearly impossible now?

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
I swear there are about 4 frames or something to get the double F-air off of a short hop.

This used to be so much easier in Melee. Why make it more difficult?

Could this possibly be restored to how it was in Melee? Or is such a thing too difficult?

Is his F-air too slow for the execution of double F-air to be easier?

Is his jump height different?

I just wanna know, because I feel this makes the character not as good. Or at the very least, not as accessible as he used to be.

Any thoughts on this?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It is as easy or easier than in Melee by a frame.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
The timing is a little different but is not any harder, just different. Double fair is not any good anyways, outside of combos or sometimes retreating.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
^ What all of dem had said. I actually like that it's ever so slightly harder to execute in Project M than in Melee. And even saying that... it feels almost exactly the same to me.

210stuna

Smash Lord
There are two ways to use fair, twice in the same position in the air, and the other when you fast fall after the first swipe so the second swing goes very low to the ground.

Including L-cancelling this is why I love Marth.

D

Deleted member

i think it's piss easy

unlike melee pm marth can do SH bair > waveland. which is hella useful for him. good luck with that.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9EllNfEZ-8#t=866
I was doin double aerials against Eddie Murphy's son on Wifi w/o buffer, so while I believe stuff should be relatively easiest as possible unlike Amazerommu, it's indeed not that hard to execute in P:M. Going for SH Bair WLs with like Squirtle (two consecutive 1 frame inputs), or Ike and others is super hard yet so cool. Makes me feel like game should have 1 frame of buffer to compensate for the difficulty of a plethora of near unviable things to be viable via 1 frame of buffer (1 frame SWD in Melee, made to 2 frame SWD in P:M: making people more able to use it. They also added a couple or so frames of buffer to Pika's QACs) but it's best saved for Wifi at least.
i think it's piss easy

unlike melee pm marth can do SH bair > waveland. which is hella useful for him. good luck with that.
Love Brawl revoking the inability to use AD through IASA, all the good Brawl mechanics really add up to almost even out with the bad ones. I think Melee must have left AD out of IASA similar to breaking tumble with anything but AD: where they didn't want people getting out of stuff willy nilly with invincibility. Which Brawl of/c didn't want combos and managed to do everything Melee was cautious not to do: to the point of adding Hitstun cancelling and even allowing AD for that.

R0NN0C

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new to this game too and have been practicing with marth and find it difficult to do a double fair off a short hop unless I jump with the up stick. I was wondering what buttons do all of you press to do it, like jump with up stick and over plus A button twice or up stick over c-stick twice. Just wondering what is the easiest button combination to get the double fair down?

R0NN0C

Smash Rookie
Just want to say thank you for these tips. They helped me out tremendously and showed me things I didn't know with Marth. Thank you very much

Top Bottom