• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is link under Samus in the tier lists?

zero212

Smash Apprentice
oh? i wouldnt be so sure about that though. at least i dont think samus is better then link i play link myself and i find the projectiles alone good enough to make link higher in the tier list then samus. you can combo with the projectiles to almost to everything (even 0%-ko i pulled it a few times off) with link if you do it right. (i can know since i play link myself)

zero212

Smash Apprentice
well i geuss i just got lucky those times though it's basicly some utilts a few u smashes and as a finisher the B+up in the air. altough i dont think it works against people with good D.I since they can D.I out from u smash if done right. oh and i almost forgot to say the projectiles just help me a lot to aproach good i'll never aproach without my good old boomerang or a bomb

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Apex

1.the tip, point, or vertex; summit.
2.climax

Apperently this guy is the top Link ey

Isnt samus higher cuz she has better matchups or something ?

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Who is this Liquid-Ice guy? He beat me in a fox ditto (I was kind of shocked, I really wasn't expecting him to be good enough to even match my fox). I thought he was Johnny-MC under another name because he sorta played like Johnny (and I thought Johnny wanted to kill me after I bored him really bad last night on purpose).

Oh, and of course back to the thread...

Samus > Link because her recovery is less abusable and JaimeHR plays her (Jaime's samus is rigged).

Although I don't think samus is much better than link... I think they're about equal. You can always just abuse Link's projectiles and keep other people alway from you.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Apex

1.the tip, point, or vertex; summit.
2.climax

Apperently this guy is the top Link ey

Isnt samus higher cuz she has better matchups or something ?
Yep, except it's used wrong. Apex is longitudinal description, meaning that it is the highest point in a trend or someone's career over time. It's not used in a cross-sectional sense, or in other words to describe the highest or most skilled example among a varying sample.

I also think that Samus's better recovery puts her on top of Link (not in that way). After all, recovery is important in ranking tiers and it is one of the main reasons why Link is low tier in the first place.

Top Bottom