• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is it freezing at the stage select still?

Jelley

Smash Cadet
I been searching for a hour or hour and a half and I just can't find the solution.

Lets make this clear:

-Any code I use, it will freeze at the stage select screen.

-I don't have any textures or music hacks or anything like that

-It will only freeze at the offline character select screen

-My Wii is 4.3U and I used Stack Smash to mod my Wii

-The codes Im using are Ocarinia codes, launching through Gecko OS or Riivolution has the problem continuing to occur

Yes, I know about the code that allows you to disable custom stages. Which SOMETIMES fixes the problem.

So, what, I can't use custom stages anymore? Well that really sucks :(

I'm too lazy to explain whats in the root of my SD card so I just quickly recorded my screen (video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w_sud9RYmU

anything I need to add or delete in my SD card root. Much help would be appreciated, especially if I can still make custom stages.

Also, I use the Ocarina code organizer. I'm not sure if I'm adding or using the codes wrong or something. But What I do is I open up the text file in the organizer and then I just check all the boxes for the codes I want and then I click Export GCT.

ShardFenix

Smash Cadet
If you have ever used the stack smash stage exploit, that stage will freeze the SSS if custom stages are enabled. Make sure it's no longer on your SD card if you have another way to load the codes.

RchUncleSkeleton

Smash Rookie
fix for freezing issue

If you softmodded your Wii with smashstack, indianapwns, or the yu-gi-oh exploit you need to go into Wii settings>Data Management>Wii>Save Games and Erase the exploit saves from both the Wii and your SD Card.

After doing this take the SD card to your computer and go into Private>wii>apps>rsbe>st
and delete the file with the.bin extension.

Replace the SD card back into your Wii afterwards and you'll be able to play without the game freezing.

Food

Smash Cadet
If you softmodded your Wii with smashstack, indianapwns, or the yu-gi-oh exploit you need to go into Wii settings>Data Management>Wii>Save Games and Erase the exploit saves from both the Wii and your SD Card.

After doing this take the SD card to your computer and go into Private>wii>apps>rsbe>st
and delete the file with the.bin extension.

Replace the SD card back into your Wii afterwards and you'll be able to play without the game freezing.
All you really have to do, which is what I did because I said I'm not going to erase my brawl game is take the SD card to your computer and go into Private>Wii>apps>rsbe>st and delete the file with the .bin extension.

Top Bottom